I Got The Job!!!

Discussion in 'Celebrations!' started by Victoria, Jun 12, 2008.

1. Gary

Gary Vs The Irresistible Farce Supporter

Congrats V!

2. Victoria

Victoria Pretzel In Training

Oh I get it now, patients/patience.... :D

A Processor narc? :eek:
    Not sure, I think there's a bit more to it than checking paperwork, that was more the job I initially applied for in Specimen Reception. This looks more interesting than paperwork :cool:

3. narcsarge

narcsarge Masticated Whey

Our Processors, do a bit more then just check paper work and sort specimens, they also have to do Order Entry as well. Either way, glad you got the position!

4. Victoria

I don't actually have a job description at the moment, as it's a different department to the job I initially applied for. Hopefully there'll be something in the pack they send me! It'll be similar, but the job specs from other departments have all had little variations on how much IT, or how much science knowledge is needed etc. So I guess I'll have to wait and see.

:D

5. wrydolphin

wrydolphin Pirates... yaarrrr Supporter

Ahhh, the wuberlous world of health care!

Welcome aboard.

I assume you will have the same ridiculous amount of orientation as I am going through. Really, how many times do they have to tell me that I can't give out Mrs. Smith's in room 666 positive HPV results........
    erm.....

:p

6. narcsarge

We have several trained "apes" (believe me when I tell you that Apes are smarter) that do the job so I am sure you can handle the IT part of things. The part that scares me most about some of the lab people is that the get to work by driving a 1 ton vehicle! :eek:

No worries for you though V. You already have more intelligence then most cause you have already shown your techno-savvy here on daz intervebz! :yeleyes:

7. Victoria

Thank you :D

Oh yes, already started on that one. Had it as a question in the interview too. Can you say confidentiality? :yeleyes:

8. Victoria

Hehe. It can't be as bad as the IT challenged you find in offices surely? Many disaster stories on that note.

I'm pretty good with software and systems, not worried about that. Not messing up peoples blood work however may be a bit more of a challenge :D

"sorry Mr Laymay, we have to amputate your leg"
    "but - I only have a cough!"

I'm sure I'll be fine :cool:

9. narcsarge

You shouldn't have many issues w/ screwing up the bloodwork Vic. Our biggest errors come some where along the line from Doctor to Lab. Wrong tube used, wrong name on requisition, not enough specimen to test, wrong tests ordered, wrong patient stuck, specimens lost by courier, specimens left in courier's car, etc. As long as our clients keep paperwork and speciment together, and our drivers hit their routes, things for our lab people goes well...

The one thing you may find different is, at least here in the U.S., is that the majority of our Medical Information Companies have not embraced the lovely Windows sort of programming. We are still stuck in the dark ages w/ our L.I.S. systems! :bang: :bang: :bang: :woo: