I Dojo

Discussion in 'Karate' started by GaryWado, Jul 28, 2013.

1. GaryWado

GaryWado Tired

Appologies if this breaks any rules and I'm not doing this to promote this site, but just seen this in a banner add and wondered if you guys had seen this before.

http://www.idojo.com.au/

Gary

2. John Titchen

John Titchen Still Learning Supporter

Looks like a very limited version of youtube to me.

3. Grass hopper

Grass hopper Valued Member

Looks like something that panders to (takes advantage of) 14 year old "self taught" martial artists.

4. bab9

bab9 New Member

iDojo is a video library of techniques, insights, philosophy, etc by Dan level (mostly 5th and above) instructors (most of which are accomplished at national and international levels). The videos cover topics on: kata, technique refinement, bunkai, kumite, tournament strategy and more. They have a 48 hours free trial which gives you access to all the videos. Sign-up, it is well worth the look. They also have a number of 'free videos' you can view as well.

I have been a member of the site for some time now and I have to strongly disagree with the assessment by 'Grass Hopper'.

5. Mitlov

Mitlov Shiny

On the plus side, it's a whole heapload better than ExpertVillage.

6. John Titchen

John Titchen Still Learning Supporter

But as you can also get this type of information (and more) provided for free on youtube by many experienced and internationally known instructors, I don't see the appeal of paying for a more limited supply to either an experienced or inexperienced martial arts student.

7. David Harrison

David Harrison MAPper without portfolio

How do you justify teaching women's self-defence in a video course, with no interaction or feedback?

Do you think that is responsible and in the best interests of the women who pay to view those videos?