How to use five elements power in combat fighting?

Discussion in 'Internal Martial Arts' started by feng, Jun 13, 2013.

1. feng

feng Banned Banned

How to use five elements power in combat fighting?

By Feng Mei, 9th degree black belt IMAF, 04/26/2013

Wood power is elastic power which is tendon power which

shape like arc or bow.

Fire power is explosive power which is meridian Qi power

which shape like triangle.

Earth power is mixed power which is muscle power

which shape like round or circle.

Metal power is hard and heavy power which is bone power

which shape like square.

Water power is soft and flow power which is blood power

which shape like wave.

Wood power can kill Earth power.

Earth power can kill Water power.

Water power can kill Fire power.

Fire power can kill Metal power.

Metal power can kill Wood power.

In combat fighting:

First you need "test power" to figure out what kind of power your

opponent use to attack you. For example, if the opponent use Pi

Quan, Pi Quan is metal power, very heavy and will be killed by

fire power, so you can use fire power to fight the Pi Quan, the

Pao Quan is fire power, so you use Pao Quan to defense and

attack back the Pi Quan's attack. If your opponent use Pao Quan

fire power to attack you, you can use water power Zuan Quan

to defense and attack back. If your opponent use water Zuan

Quan to attack you, you can use earth power Heng Quan to

defense and attack back. If your opponent use earth power Heng

Quan to attack you, you can use wood Beng Quan to defense and

attack back. If your opponent use wood Beng Quan to attack you,

you can use metal Pi Quan to defense and attack back. Above is

Xing Yi Quan power techniques.

The same, in Tai Chi push hands:

If your figure out your opponent use wood Peng power to attack

you, you can use metal Ji power to defense and attack back.

If your opponent use metal Ji power to attack you, you can use

fire Zhou to defense and attack back.

If your opponent use fire Zhou to attack you, you can use water

An power to defense and attack back.

If your opponent use water An power to attack you, you can use

earth Lu power to defense and attack back.

If your opponent use earth Lu power to attack you, you can use

wood Peng power to defense and attack back.

So feeling the energy style is very important in combat fighting.

No matter use what kind of power in push hands, the push energy must pass through the opponent's body gravity center.

If the opponent body is earth element power which is combine all five elements power together, you can use wood which is the elastic power to shoot the opponent's body weight center to push him out, just make your palms like bow, your arm like bow, your spine like a bow, your leg like a bow and your feet like bow, those bows can transfer your whole body's power like a archery action to shoot the opponent's body like an arrow out.

If the opponent body is metal element power is very heavy and

hard, and you can not find out the opponent's body weight center

to Fajin, you just find two points in front on the opponent's body,

and meditation behind the opponent body a distance point direction

you want push to, so there are three points to Fajin, the opponent's

body will be move out. Imagination is nothing with Tui Shou, the

third point is you want push the opponent's body fall down location,

I mean your push power should not only on the opponent's body,

your push power should pass through the opponent's body to the

destination location.

If the opponent body is water element power which is relax body

and very soft power like wave energy, you can use earth power the

circle movement push through the opponent gravity center and sink

down the opponent's body to the ground.

If the opponent body is wood element power which is very elastic

body energy, you can use metal power the straight push just one

hand directly one line power to destroy the opponent's gravity

center to fall down him.

If the opponent body is fire element power which is explosive power

body energy, you can use the water power to soft you body become

very flexible and relax to cover your opponent's attack, then your

opponent will very difficult to push your body away from his palms.

Tai Chi five element energy push hands attack and defense:
    (1) Opponent ask power: Peng Jin(wood power) attack me? I answer his power: first use Pi Jin(fire power) to sedate his wood power, then use Ji Jin(metal power) to kill his wood power. (2) Opponent ask power: Pi Jin(fire power) attack me? I answer his power: first use Lu Jin(earth power) to sedate his fire power, then use An Jin (water power) to kill his fire power. (3) Opponent ask power: Lu Jin(earth power) attack me? I answer his power: first use Ji Jin(metal power) to sedate his earth power, then use Peng Jin(wood power) to kill his earth power. (4) Opponent ask power: Ji Jin(metal power) attack me? I answer his power: first use An Jin(water power) to sedate his metal power, then use Pi Jin(fire power) to kill his metal power. (5) Opponent ask power: An Jin(water power) attack me? I answer his power: first use Peng Jin(wood power) to sedate his water power, then use Lu Jin(earth power) to kill his water power. Peng Jin: part the wild horse's mane. Pi: hold a pipa. Lu: grasp a bird tail. Ji: cross hands squeeze. An: brush knee push hand.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2013
  2. IMAS

IMAS Banned Banned

Feng Mei, 9th degree black belt IMAF, is he or she Japanese?

The Japanese 5 elements are very different to the Chinese elements, but in this paper Chinese elements are used. However, in Taijiquan's 13 postures=Bagua and 5 elements, that is the 8 hand techniques, and 5 steps (4 directions and centre).

"Fire power is explosive power which is meridian Qi power" sounds a bit funny as all the elements should correspond to the 6 Yin meridians of the 12 regular meridians of the body.

Anyway, this is an interesting interpretation in terms of IMAF standard.

3. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

You push I pull, you pull I push - everything else is mental masturbation

4. YouKnowWho

YouKnowWho Valued Member

No matter how much that we have seen, we can always see something new everyday. I'll going to try to use my "blood power" on my heavy bag tonight.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2013
  5. IMAS

IMAS Banned Banned

This is a good interpretation of BL idea of be like water, being passive towards being pull or push.

6. IMAS

IMAS Banned Banned

Punching heavy bag or working with weight is anaerobic and not aerobic, however activating the whole body is good for the lymphatic system.

7. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

Cutting and pasting from other sources isn't always a good idea. :D

8. Tom bayley

Tom bayley Valued Member

not so

What about you push i step to the side let you go past and hit you in the back of the head?

(5 animal fighting theory use a technique that steps of line [crane] against a committed liner attack [tiger])

The five element and the five animal theories of fighting are simply a nomenclature for describing situations that commonly occur in fights and the possible options available for countering them.

Not mystical, not metal masturbation either.

9. IMAS

IMAS Banned Banned

Interesting, as I google the statement of "Punching ...... aerobic" there is only one result as follows:

How to use five elements power in combat fighting? - Martial Arts ...
    www.martialartsplanet.com › ... › Styles › Internal Martial Arts
    4 days ago - 8 posts - 6 authors
    Punching heavy bag or working with weight is anaerobic and not aerobic, however activating the whole body is good for the lymphatic system.

Please advise what are you trying to say?

10. Simon

I'm trying to say that you have posted something that isn't based on fact, rather just something you've seen and repeated.

11. m1k3jobs

m1k3jobs Dudeist Priest

It is possible to do both aerobic and anaerobic exercise at the same time. For example with interval training you are doing anaerobic exercise but buy keeping the recovery time down between exercises it becomes aerobic as well. Circuit training and Tabatas are an example.

12. Hannibal

My initial post was in quasi-jest but all the nonsense in the OP can basically be boiled down to exactly what I said.

All you have done above is describe a tarted up "pull" concept or "yield"

13. YouKnowWho

YouKnowWho Valued Member

In the striking model, the "head on collision" that you deflect your opponent's punch and let his body to run into your punch/kick (A + B > A) is better than the "rear end collision" (A - B < A) as you have described.

"If you push, I pull. If you pull, I push" only work in the grappling model.

To mix the "striking model" and "grappling model" in the same discussion can be confusing. This is why the "push" is a very confusing word. It's neither striking nor throwing. The Taiji system had invented this word "push". It can be used in abstract way in order to avoid talking about a punch to the face or a throw over the shoulder.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2013
  14. feng

feng Banned Banned

I am American-Chinese

Hello, IMAS: in here the meridian Qi is Yuan Qi which means body original energy power. And from preheaven Zi Wu Liu Zhu(meridian schedule) the Yuan Qi is from Du4 go up through Du channel go to Si meridian, Sj meridian and Li meridian 3 yang meridian to tip of fingers sent out. And from afterheaven Zi Wu Liu Zhu the Yuan Qi is from Ren4 go up through Ren meridian to Pc meridian, Ht meridian and Lu meridian the 3 yin meridian to center of palm sent out. http://www.latcmwellnesscenter.com/168.html

15. IMAS

IMAS Banned Banned

Thank your for your comment. I am no sure whether you mean you do not know the facts about anaerobic exercise, aerobic exercise, and the lymphatic system. or they are not facts. Maybe you try to something else, etc.

16. Simon

I'm the MOD for the Health and Fitness section.

You figure it out.

17. IMAS

IMAS Banned Banned

The anaerobic-aerobic transition is a very complex process. To make it simple, trainers or coaches usually work down from the maximum heart rate or the one repetition maximum. When you said it is possible to do both you really mean you do them in different intervals as in circuit training and Tabatas.

18. IMAS

IMAS Banned Banned

Ok, your "New thought of TCM meridian system" is interesting but it is very difficult to work the Bagua system and the 5 element system together. As the Bagua system or Yi Jing works on the binary system and the 5 element system works on the decimal system. Oh! and Yi Jing did not say Tai Ji is from Wu Ji. There are ways to get around the problem which are not very convincing, so I hope you will find your way.

Actually in Xingyiquan, the 5 element fists are working on different Yin meridians but yours are more like Dao Yin.

19. Hannibal

Serious question - do you actually have a knowledge or skill base or do you just randomly cut and paste stuff you google? Your posts lack coherence and when asked for an explanation you are as clear as mud

It's OK to not know things, really...but when you pretend you do but have very little to back it up you end up looking pretty silly

20. YouKnowWho

YouKnowWho Valued Member

A: You must be joking ...
    B: But you started it.

If "blood power" could appear on the 1st post of this thread, what make you think this discussion could be serious? :D

Last edited: Jun 18, 2013