how to strengthen nose?

Discussion in 'Boxing' started by rsm688, Apr 2, 2007.

1. rsm688

rsm688 Valued Member

i know this may sound kinda stupid but is there anyway to strengthen your nose? im sure there has to be some kinda vitamin or supplement or something that can strengthen cartiladge. reason i ask is i dont really want my nose broken, a buddy got his broken about two weeks ago and me and another buddy were backyard boxing and i nearly broke his nose (we though it was broken but doc said it wasnt).
    :Alien:

thanks,
    spencer

2. Banpen Fugyo

Banpen Fugyo 10000 Changes No Surprise

Stop getting hit in the face.

Problem solved.

3. rsm688

rsm688 Valued Member

not as easy as it sounds, i wasnt even aiming for his face but he turned into my punch and got him right in the nose :rolleyes:

4. Gufbal1981

Gufbal1981 waiting to train...

Smash it repeatedly on somethibg to builf calcium deposits.

5. Banpen Fugyo

Banpen Fugyo 10000 Changes No Surprise

lol, that only works on bone.

And even then, not very well.

Truth of the matter is, if you can't take the heat, get the frunk out the kitchen.

If you are going to box, you are going to get hit. If you have a fear of being hit, then maybe patty-cake is a better alternative than martial arts, especially one as brutal as boxing.

6. g-bells

g-bells Don't look up!

you have'nt played patty cake in my hood then :woo: :D

7. Cowardly Clyde

Cowardly Clyde Valued Member

You could wear one of those total full on head & face protection helmets made for sparring!

8. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

Hmm... where to start?

1) You can't neccessarily strengthen your nose. Most of it's cartilage and you can't build that up per se. Your nose will break if you get caught flush with a shot and you have enough of a bridge that there is something to break.

2) Your real problem is backyard boxing. It doesn't sound like you guys have enough skill to be able to pull your punches. Often times it's hard to pull punches if you don't have a coach standing there reminding you to pull the power and concern yourself with skill and speed.

It sounds more like two kids in the backyards just swinging for the rafters and calling it boxing. Get to a boxing gym and learn how to box... gain skill... avoid broken noses.

As Bagpen Funyo has pointed out... getting hit is part anc parcel with boxing. You are going to have to suck up a certain amount... it's part of the learing curve... but backyard boxing with no one to point out errors is not the way to go. That's why a good boxing coach/gym is worth it's weight in gold... they can mould you into a boxer instead of just an ego driven punch swinger. Boxing is a skill - it's so much more than just putting on the gloves and swinging at one and other.

There is no point in ending up with your nose across your face from some backyard brawling... boxers won't take you seriously, babies will cry when they see you and the ladies will drop you in favor of pretty boys. :D

Do yourself a favor... get to a boxing gym pronto. ;)

9. cowzerp

cowzerp Valued Member

Glucosinine and chondroitin is a supplement that repairs joints and cartrilidge but as far as strenghtining your nose i'd say forget it, In my boxing club we spar full contact but none of our club have bad noses-i think its more to do with the skill of your opponent as they know how to dodge and take the punches well, msome people have noses that are not made to be hit, This is why they have boxers noses!! Join a proper boxing club and learn how to fight for real..

10. Hiroji

Hiroji laugh often, love much

dude, if your going to box, then expect a broken nose somewhere along the lines.

And quit the back yard boxing, get to a proper gym and some proper boxing training. Then if you have to do some backyard sparring with your mates when you have more an idea what your doing.

11. rsm688

rsm688 Valued Member

first off yall are getting the wrong impression of our backyard boxing. im not worried about getting my nose broken, i mean i know it will happen eventually i was just wondering if there were ways to prevent it. we both have some boxing skills, nothing too advanced. i jabbed with my left and he freaked and flinched (he never does this dont know why he did this time) as my right hook was coming in and it smacked him right in the nose :cool:

thanks for the responses, i was just curious

12. Yohan

Yohan In the Spirit of Yohan Supporter

1. If you haven't got formal boxing training, you don't know JACK about boxing. If you haven't got formal boxing training, you have 0 boxing skills.

2. If you aren't worried about getting your nose broken, then why are you on here asking how to condition your nose?

3. It may not even happen if you go to a boxing gym instead of thinking you are doing something worthwhile, busting each others heads in your backyard.

13. fire cobra

fire cobra Valued Member

Go to the gym dude,everyone is giving you the same good advice,find and join a good boxing gym and learn the sweet science,enjoy :)

14. Kwajman

Kwajman Penguin in paradise....

I think its like those muay thai guys who bang their shins on wood, just take a stick and keep hitting yourself in the face with it till it stops hurting.... :)

15. fire cobra

fire cobra Valued Member

He he he behave kwajman! :)

16. BGile

BGile Banned Banned

:D

Hi,
    I think it is in the makeup of the nose and the genes. Those noses that are big and stick out are prone to breaking, flatter are not.

The most important thing is not to get hit there :D

If it gets broken and not fixed it is a problem for breathing correct, they say.

Gary

17. Kwajman

Kwajman Penguin in paradise....

Well it made for an interesting mental picture.

18. Nick K

Nick K Sometimes a Valued Member

No

19. RheeTKD

RheeTKD Valued Member

:p