How to block multiple punches in street fighter

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by fahid almuher, Dec 1, 2020.

1. fahid almuher

fahid almuher Member

How to block multiple punches in street fighter More Effectively | Self Defense | Defense Strategy This video contains 3 techniques for beginners and advanced people

Last edited: Dec 1, 2020
  2. icefield

icefield Valued Member

Anyone else speechless at viewing these?

And not in a good way I mean

Shmook and Dead_pool like this.
  3. fahid almuher

fahid almuher Member

you can show your good with making better and show us my dear

4. icefield

icefield Valued Member

I've posted actual clips of myself competing in a few different sports thanks dear not badly staged rubbish like this.

And if I wanted to post clips of good self defense there's a lot better out there

Dead_pool and Grond like this.
  5. Grond

Grond Valued Member

I have to agree the boxing shown here is sort of dead demo with a non resisting partner. Have watched hundreds of similar videos they are a bit more bark than bite, but without proof of efficacy its hard for some to take too seriously esp with all the yelling and hopping around.

That's said coach Fahid is in pretty good shape and has a number of decent gym training exercises that aren't bad, and relatively decent form, good footwork and balance etc. I don't doubt that he's had some training but I do question how useful these videos are.

Like, how is this a useful. It's basically stunt work in a van. Unless you are John Wick you're getting in that van.

john_newman likes this.
  6. Rand86

Rand86 likes to butt heads

You hold down back on the pad, right?

7. Unreal Combat

Unreal Combat Valued Member

What's the point in having the body armour on if you're not going to give him a whack. :D

8. Tom bayley

Tom bayley Valued Member

I have a few decades of experience in various martial arts that use the same basic strikes and escapes used in the above video. There is no way I can see my self escaping from two strong fit attackers as easily or as quickly as shown.

9. Tom bayley

Tom bayley Valued Member

In the above video the attackers are trying to get the victim into a van. Why doesn't he sit down? It is way easier to drag a person in a particular direction when they are standing on their own two feet.

There are many good reasons not sit down during an attack. particularly one from multiple assailants. But in some cases it can be the right thing to do. I met someone who had been assaulted in the street. The attacker pulled her down the street. Exclaiming that she was his girlfriend. Several bystanders ignored what was happening. Luckily a good person took the risk to intervene before the attacker pulled her into cover and sexually assault her.

After hearing this I spent some time working on ways for a small person to stop a large person from dragging them to a dangerous location. The best one I found was to sit down, then use kicks to encourage the attacker to let go and to keep the attacker at a distance.

axelb likes this.
  10. Tom bayley

Tom bayley Valued Member

In the first video technique three. the assailant has been countered and is on the ground. the defender steps a foot over the the assailants leg in order to reach down and punch him in the head. I did that once. I was kicked in the groin. :( I did not do it again. :)

axelb likes this.
  11. axelb

axelb Master of Office Chair Fu

Interesting concept of sitting down, I can see how that would help the situation.
    I guess experience of sitting guard position would help.

12. Tom bayley

Tom bayley Valued Member

I discovered that if you are trying to pull someone along the best way is to give them a good yank to break their posture and get their weight moving. then you simply run away with them. their instinct is to forward peddle to get their weight back over their base. So in effect you get them to peddle after you.

Sitting down stops this. the attacker has to pull the mass of the victim along the floor. it is best if the victim can sit down on their backside with their legs out straight towards the attacker. But even if they have to fall face first they can still get their legs in front of them by spinning the ground, at the cost of some road rash.

Once the victim is siting with there legs extended toward the attacker they have a very strong base and an ergonomic position to apply legs, buttocks, back and shoulder muscles to resist the pull. at the same time the attacker must now lift the victim off the floor to get them to move. This basically counters the pull and drag attack. At this point the victim is back in posture and with a base. They can now post guard and begin to fight their way out of the situation.

Mangosteen and axelb like this.
  13. john_newman

john_newman New Member

The Thumbnail of the video is good but the video content is not having content like this. Why don't you try with a competitor with high resistance.
    It should have some safe action shots. I have seen your many videos and some of the techniques are good for beginners.

14. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

I bet if I gave that big dude $100 every time he got you in that van, and then run that scenario multiple times he'd get you in there 5 times out of ten no matter what you did, all by himself. Things are a lot harder to achieve when the other party is motivated to actually achieve their goal.
    As Tom said the best course of actions here is to be more aware and not walk into a clear ambush situation, go dead weight and make as much noise and resistance as possible and hope you can last longer than their determination to kidnap you. Standing on one leg and pumping out a couple of cramped side kicks is just not gonna work imho.
    I'd suggest padding up (attacker and defender) and then running this scenario to see how it plays out. You could maybe pad the edges and corners of the van too for safety or better yet recreate the van side with two big padded blocks and say the defender "loses" if the attackers manage to get them through the gap between them but wins if they can hold out for a minute or reach a designated escape point.

And no I won't be posting a video and you don't need to refer to me as "dear".

ned and Dead_pool like this.
  15. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

Dear smitfire, you should video it, then I can do a reaction video about your video, and then grond can do a reaction video about my reaction video, about your video that's based on the OPs video.

And that is why the modern world is rubbish!

Haha, clickbait has ruined all media!

And the OP was only here for that type of interaction, not actual debate.

axelb likes this.
  16. ned

ned Valued Member

Anyone else keep hearing Michael Winner's voice every time the OP refers to someone as 'dear' ? :D

axelb likes this.
  17. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

I'm late to the party....but if a gang is going through the trouble of kidnapping an adult someone out in public - via a van - off the street. They'll be armed. It'll be researched, it'll be prepped. There'll be a reason why.

axelb, Smitfire and aaradia like this.
  18. Alansmurf

Alansmurf Aspire to Inspire before you Expire Supporter

TASER .....drag limp body into van

Shmook, Mangosteen and axelb like this.