How do you make a martial arts/style/system

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Rataca100, Sep 20, 2017.

1. Rataca100

Rataca100 Banned Banned

You had to point it out AFTER the 5 minutes expire. XD

PM me any of the books you find which are good.

2. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

Your posts are unclear, and they require more effort to read then they should.

Latikos and SCA like this.
  3. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

Hard to say. For one TKD went through so many changes, even when Choi was alive, it's hard to nail down exactly what that would entail.
    For example, as I mentioned above, 1 or more early Choi books include Karate kata with koreanised names. Not many TKD would teach them these days and Choi stopped teaching them when he felt TKD didn't need them anymore.
    The TKD in the early books isn't the TKD of the later books.

David Harrison likes this.
  4. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

Google

You're welcome.

5. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

The full encyclopedia is still available, last I saw was an advert in TKDTimes magazine from the States, but I'm sure there are other sources. The condensed version is out there too, I got mine some years ago from Mona Books. Neither are cheap though.

In terms of what is generally done now, Choi's books would cover a lot more.

Choi also wrote his autobiography of course, and there is other stuff out there on the (often murky) history of TKD, such as Alex Gillis's A Killing Art.

Stuart Anslow's books are great, and TAGB publish their own which are simple syllabus guides rather than anything in great depth. There are lots of others too, but it depends on what you're after/how much of a TKD geek you are as to how interesting they are.

Lots of karate bunkai stuff is relevant too of course, such as John Titchen's books, or Iain Abernethy's.

Mitch

Smitfire likes this.
  6. Rataca100

Rataca100 Banned Banned

I was going to google it, i thought you where going to PM one of the ones you brought if you found it. XD You could at least go through the effort and do the "let me google that meme"

7. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

If you go back to my first posts I was similar, maybe a worse poster.

All I can say is that you're doing yourself a disservice by not improving your standard of writing.

8. Knee Rider

Knee Rider Valued Member Supporter

I looked: no difference :p