Horse stance obsolete?

Discussion in 'MMA' started by Anonymouse, Aug 30, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cybermonk

cybermonk New Member

Yes, if you look hard enough you will see the underlying horse stance arguement in every post :D :Angel:

Pankration-Definately, the legal stuff is very important and that is why it is the major part of almost all systems.

2. Scarlet Mist

Scarlet Mist Banned Banned

SCARLET MIST,

YOU CAN POST RESPECTFULLY, OR YOU CAN FIND YOUR WAY TO AN AREA OF THE FORUM WILLING TO PUT UP WITH YOU.

-TRENT.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2004
  3. Scarlet Mist

Scarlet Mist Banned Banned

Oh, so is that how it is? Now to rephrase what the hell I just said:

4. Matt_Bernius

Matt_Bernius a student and a teacher

Ok, time to risk driving back in and trying, as Trent suggested to drive this back to horse stance.

1. It's time for us all to agree that there are many different training methodologies. Some work better than others. Some work faster than others. Some have different overall intents.

2. As far as horse stance:
    a. Is horse stance the fastest or most effective way for training the legs? No.

b. Does that mean that horse stance should be thrown out? Not necessarily. If your systems uses horse stance, it's good to have training exercises that help practice it. The more your training resembles the way you fight, the better. Does that mean that horse stance is the only thing you practice to stregthen legs? No. Does that mean that you can't encorporate more modern exercises? Of course not. Does that mean you have to encorporate more modern exercises? Of course not. That's completely up to you and your teacher/trainer.

If your system doesn't use horse stance, then there are other exercises then there isn't a prevailing reason why you should be training it. Train the way you fight, fight the way you train.

3. Anything else? Let's see: train alive. The difference between a lock and a break is speed and projection so MMA people are training dehabilitating techniques too. TMAs when trained alive are very effective. Ummm take your vitamins, drink your milk and say your prayers and one day you can be like the Hulkster... I think that covers everything.

- Matt

5. Trent Tiemeyer

Trent Tiemeyer Valued Member

Good summary, Matt.

Scarlet, I am sorry I deleted your post. I should have left it and sin binned it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.