Hi =)

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Rider, May 31, 2011.

1. Rider

Rider Everybody loves cakes! :D

Hi...

So i've been doing martail arts since i really remember...my dad was a tae kwon do instructor so i was learning from him before i even started lessons, i have studyed what looks like alot of styles...however to explain that, i moved houses alot when i was younger with my parents never being able to get past basics in lessons (for example i studied shotokan for two years, and then moved house before i could get to more advanced grades)...now however since i am old enough to make my own desisions i dont have to move with them, so i have had time to get into a style more.

The only martail arts i would consider myself a more advanced level is
    karate
    krav maga
    and tae kwon do, however with tae kwon do i learn it from my dad and never took official lessons, seeing that my dad was a instructor...that and i want to go my own way with martial arts and not try and be a copy of him (although i respect him highly).

...so reason my for doing continueing martial arts even though i have moved and had to start from white belt again, is because my dad had a brain hemerage when i was younger, stopping him from doing any martial arts himself (hense why he teachers me)...so i am carrying it on for him not just to carry on what he did, but because i love martial arts ;) lol

... so joined because i want to expand on my knowledge...meet other people with the same interest and general because i enjoy learning more about martial arts, my aim is to oneday supass what my father once was and to go into competition sparring (full contact).

I am hoping to soon start MMA...and go into competition oneday...so if anyone has any advise on how i could achieve this?...i would be grateful :)

I look forward to meeting you all :)

2. Aegis

Aegis River Guardian Admin Supporter

Welcome to the forum! :)

3. illegalusername

illegalusername Second Angriest Mapper

Welcome to the forums!

I have a three step program for this:
    Step 1: Join an MMA gym
    Step 2: Ask your coach to set you up for an amateur fight
    Step 3: You are now competing in MMA.

4. d0ugbug

d0ugbug learning to smile

Hi, Welcome to MAP :)

5. robertmap

robertmap Valued Member

Hi 'Rider',

Welcome to MAP.

6. Rider

Rider Everybody loves cakes! :D

Thank you for welcoming me guys :)

And thanks...the club im thinking is a place called 1st legion fighters gym :)

The classes i was thinking of doing were... the
    brazilian jujitsu
    muay thai
    and "mixed" lesson...

my main things i want to improve is...my ground fighting mostly...and clinching...lol :)

Thank you for the suggestion :)