Hey People

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Anwolf, Jul 13, 2011.

1. Anwolf

Anwolf Valued Member

Hey everyone, I recently started learning Eskrima/Guba Doce Pares, and after surfing the web a bit, I found this site. So far I haven't actually got a belt, but im hopefully gonna have one by September. I'm only 14 at the moment, so hopefully I will reach a decent level by the time I leave school.

My other hobbies include cycling, camping and I have an obsession with zombie survivalism. I hope to get to know some of the members on this forum fairly well, and to learn a lot from you guys.

2. Moosey

Moosey invariably, a moose Supporter

Good luck to you and welcome to MAP!

3. Anwolf

Anwolf Valued Member

Wow that was a fast reply.

4. Moosey

Moosey invariably, a moose Supporter

Highly trained martial arts reflexes, you see!

5. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

Welcome to MAP fellow Eskrimador.

I also study (among other things) Guba Doce Pares. Who is your instructor?

6. Anwolf

Anwolf Valued Member

Master Nimesh Desai, you?

7. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

Nimesh is a real nice guy and very skilled. You won't go far wrong sticking with him.

As for me, I train directly under Danny Guba. I don't attend his classes, but the instructors in our academy get him down regularly for private sessions.

8. Otataral

Otataral Sapientes Gladio

As it turns out martial arts and zombie survivalism go hand in hand.

9. Anwolf

Anwolf Valued Member

The zombie survivalism is what brought me to Martial Arts as a matter of fact.

10. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

Z Day is coming people...I keep telling you all!

11. Nojon

Nojon Tha mo bhàta-foluaimein

LOL! wasnt sure if this was serious or not..

Welcome to MAP, Eskrima is awesome! You may find these helpful:

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Zombie-Survival-Guide-Complete-Protection/dp/1400049628#reader_1400049628"]Amazon.com: The Zombie Survival Guide: Complete Protection from the Living Dead (9781400049622): Max Brooks: Books[/ame]

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Pride-Prejudice-Zombies-Classic-Ultraviolent/dp/1594743347/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1310680946&sr=1-1"]Amazon.com: Pride and Prejudice and Zombies: The Classic Regency Romance - Now with Ultraviolent Zombie Mayhem! (9781594743344): Jane Austen, Seth Grahame-Smith: Books[/ame]

12. Waldgeist

Waldgeist Men who beg aren't heroes

Remember, it's not an obsession if it keeps you alive. Preparedness is half the battle.

13. Mangosteen

Mangosteen Hold strong not

Zombie survivalism?
    You'll fit in well here.