Hey Everyone. Tang Soo!

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Karate_Man_1288, Dec 17, 2004.

1. Karate_Man_1288

Karate_Man_1288 New Member

Hi my name is James Slavin, and I have been studing TSD for about 3 years now. I am 16 and I am a 2nd degree purple belt, and i am in the advanced class (due to my hard work and dedication). I know all forms up to Ro-hi, and train very hard. The test for either my green or red belt is on Jan 8, and is three hours long, instead of the usual 1 hour test (since i'm in the advanced class.

I am just looking for any helpful advice of how to prepare. I asked my sensei, and he says my forms and sparring are both looking great, but i cant help wondering if i can still improve more before the test. I have a brother and a friend I spar with (Brother = 18 yrs old, friend = 17 yrs old) and they both refuse to let me kick, but i still get hits in. If anyone has any advice, it would be greatly appreciated.

~Tang Soo~

2. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

Alreet James, welcome to the MAP madhouse :D

3. JohnnyX

JohnnyX Map Addict

Welcome to the mad MAP House. :eek:

Do enjoy your stay. :D

4. Karate_Man_1288

thanks for the welcome. I hope to gain alot from everyone here. Im still fretting about my test though.

5. Jang Bong

Jang Bong Speak softly....big stick

Hi there KM1288 - caught your entrance at the Tang Soo Do check-in. :) Glad to have you aboard, the more the merrier.

I know your feelings about gradings... We have a weapons syllabus at our school, and I'm testing for Black Belt this Sunday.

I'll tell you what everyone has told me - if your instructor doesn't think you have the ability, then he(/she) wouldn't have put you forward. You are way ahead of me as far as the 'unarmed' art is concerned (going by the forms you mention), so I'm more likely to be asking advice from you rather than the other way round.

Tang Soo!!

6. Karate_Man_1288

well i know up to Pyung-ahn Sa-Dan from my teacher. From Pyung-ahn Oh-Dan to Ro-hi, i self taught myself, but i still do them as good as any apprentice black belt. As for weapons we are doing bo staff and plan to do nunchucks soon. Thanks for the advice and good luck with your test Jang Bong

~Tang Soo~