Help Needed Please! - NINJUTSU OR JUIJITSU!!!???

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Macca, Oct 21, 2007.

1. Knight_Errant

Knight_Errant Banned Banned

Personally, I think it's silly to suggest that ninjas even had a codified martial art as such. Their skills were more along the lines of wearing black, sneaking around and killing people on the sly. You really don't need much in the way of combat skill to stab somebody in the back.

2. Rhea

Rhea Laser tag = NOT MA... Supporter

The art of Backstabbing and sneaking around in pyjamas?

3. RentoKill

RentoKill Valued Member

without going to far offtopic what real hands on actual experience have you had to make this conclusion.(oh and its ninja no ninjas, according to Lord spooky as he corrected me the other day)

cheers bud.

4. Lord Spooky

Lord Spooky Banned Banned

lol :D

Unless you are talking about the types you find on youtube then it's Ninjers :D

5. MagnumJoe

MagnumJoe The Live Bullet

Dudes, Ninjitsu isn't about stabbing someone in the back, it's about killing people bare handed, as fast as possible, as clean as possible, and as silent as possible.
    And no other martial art can match Ninjitsu in that.

But the point is, who the hell needs to learn a way to kill people bare handed, as fast as possible, as clean as possible, as silent as possible? It's only James Bond, J.C Denton, Batman maybe, CIA Agents.. u know?

6. RentoKill

RentoKill Valued Member

Can i be Batman then if thats the choices..the cool car(new not old one), rubber suits mmmmm

7. Knight_Errant

Whyat 'real, hands on experience' could I possibly have with ninjas? They were a kind of japanese assasin that hasn't existed for a long time. And thank god for that- assasins running around in a 1st world country like japan would make the world a scarier place.

Oh yeah? You have historical evidence that these people actually killed with their bare hands when there were other options available? Cool.

8. RentoKill

RentoKill Valued Member

So none then.

9. Knight_Errant

Yup, none. I couldn't possibly have any. Neither could anybody else.

10. KickinIt

KickinIt Banned Banned

With Ninjutsu I know someone that is 5th Dan but now in prison for life! For his gradings in the practical part his Grandmaster made him Burgle offices and steal information, assassinate few people, etc. Worse on one of the practical exams he had to fight of kids who mistook him for a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle.

The Ninjutsu system Taijitsu, etc of unarmed combat is not up to that much despite the myths of invincible Ninjas, etc. If a Ninja had to rely on hand to hand unarmed combat they had messed up very badly indeed, rather like modern day Navy Seal or SAS soldier - they have to fight hand to hand it is absolute last resort and they probably messed up if they had to. Deadly death touch myths and all the rest of it, a lot of the Ninjutsu stuff you can't use in real fights. Remember early UFC's? One of Robert Bussey's top Ninja students was in there and got beat badly very quickly :-

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zchj8kR8As"]YouTube[/ame]

But all depends on your Instructor , some are more practical than others, beware too lot of boogus Ninja guys out there, many of the books that came out in the Ninja boom in the 80s the guys had never really studied the art at all!

People like Stephen Hayes one of pioneers in USA has updated and modernized it a lot.

Jiujitsu - BJJ or Japanese? BJJ is more proven art than Ninjutsu in the modern world forget the Ninja legends (Ninja getting his foot caught in bear trap in Japan in feudal days, so he sawed his leg off & hoped home - apparently & claimed true story from the past!

Best to go watch class in each talk to the Instructor and see what you like, its your opnion that matters most andyou will be more motivated to do the one you like the most .

11. KickinIt

KickinIt Banned Banned

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtwNKnGWwq4"]Ninjitsu 101: disappearing without a trace - YouTube[/ame]

This explains what Ninjitsu is really about, and demonstrates some moves including there invisibilty secrets.

12. NZ Ninja

NZ Ninja Live wire.

Ninjutsu-Art of stealth,hiding,survival and escape.
    This is,nt alive today???? I think so.

13. I'mKira

I'mKira Banned Banned

There aren't emoticons enough to represent how I feel about this statement.

14. MagnumJoe

MagnumJoe The Live Bullet

Dude, the science of pressure points is all what's Ninjitsu about, and you can easily kill with pressure points, if you learned it well. And, the sword is not always the solution. In this page (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ninja#Specialized_weapons_and_tactics) we read:"Ninja also used special short swords called ninjaken, or shinobigatana. Ninjaken are smaller than katana but larger than wakizashi. The ninjaken was often more of a utilitarian tool than a weapon, not having the complex heat treatment of a usual weapon."

Just a simple example: a hit on the carotid sinus in your neck can get you a vaso-vagal attack, and good-bye! And that's one of the major pressure points and important ones in this science. Ninjitsu focuses more than any other martial art on that.

I don't need to get you a Japanese leaf from the Sengoku-Jidai in 1560 that reads:"In a tragedy that has shocked northern japan, Lord Uesugi Moramoshi was killed last night, in a mysterious way. Apparently there were no signs of stabbing, or any other weapons in his body. The Uesugi family claimed that this assassination is adopted by Lord Takeda Yamakoto, who wants to end Uesugi's life to take his lands. The accused, Lord Takeda, denied that he had any relation with this incident.
    Investigation sources and Forensics affirm that Lord Uesugi was killed by a jab in a critical spot in his body, that appears to be red to blue, that caused a sudden decrease in blood pressure, with convulsions and loss of consciousness, which was complicated by a respiratory failure, and ended the victim's life.
    Local eye witnesses have purported seeing a black shadow entering Lord Uesugi's tent. Many of them assured that this shadow was a Ninja.
    On the political level, this incident could start a war 'again', between the two parties."

Is that what you want? Give me a break!
    Dude, if anyone, not necessarily a Ninja, knows how to give you a hit on the carotid sinus, he can kill you!

Last edited: Oct 28, 2007
  15. I'mKira

I'mKira Banned Banned

Question: After they massage your neck, do ninjas generally give happy endings?

16. Medusa

Medusa New Member

In the first place ju jitsu the original stuff wasn't about grappling. It was using your body appendages as weapons, in any manor, way shape or form. It was pretty nasty stuff. It included everything from joint locks, or chin na to sweeping and throwing techniques, to sword thrusts with the hands etc. The ninja arts are very esoteric and include all kinds of things from picking locks and climbing walls to hiding oneself in plain sight. I keep asking people that ask, what art should I learn to put it in context.
    Then I can give a reasonable answer.....like are you joining the military,,,,what branch?
    Or are you looking for street protection. Everybody is biased to their martial art. The ideal would be to learn a lot about every art you can, and formulate your own style.
    If you want to learn how to kill someone quick,,,that would be mainly for military service for the purposes of this forum, because if you kill someone on the streets you better have a good explanation. If its for the military,,,they have some of the best instructors in the world. Take the Seals for example. I had the privilege of working out and training with them for three years in a form of hand to hand combat which mixed kung fu and hand to hand stuff. Needless to say that style of training will get your attention fast. It will also give you a lot of confidence. So much that you don't need to worry about walking down the street. Why? because you have choices. To kill isn't always the wisest decision in civilian life. Again your question in context would reveal a lot about you and your motives. And I could give a more tailored answer.

17. Medusa

Medusa New Member

I wouldn't exactly say that killing someone with your bare hands is cool! no!
    Killing someone period is a traumatic experience that you have to live with the rest of your life. And I wouldn't try any off-hand technique that someone tells you on this forum, because it just might backfire. The place to learn technique's particularly deadly ones is not on-line but with a qualified professional in a context that is appropriate. Don't mistake myth and wild stories for actual fact. Some of these people on here have been watching too many movies>

18. Knight_Errant

Fair enough, seems I misjudged you.

Much cooler.

19. Big Will

Big Will Ninpô Ikkan

OH MY GOD! IF ONE MORE PERSON WRITES NINJITSU I WILL GO CRAZY!!!

It's ninjutsu. Is it SO hard to spell it right?

And why do some people in this thread, who obviously have no experience in the art, give their opinion about it?

And people who obviously have not read about its history say stuff like:

:confused: Why, oh why did you post that? I mean... I just can't fathom it. If you want to give your opinion on history, study it first.

:rolleyes: You can't even spell it, yet you know so much about it?

Gahh, the ignorance in this thread is just overwhelming.

To the original poster: The only way to decide what you want is by reading up on the martial arts you are interested in (regarding ninjutsu, a good place to start is the NINJUTSU forum here on MAP, as there are a lot of FAQs), and then checking out some dojos and talking with the (hopefully) experienced teachers there.

And youtube videos very rarely show "good" ninjutsu (i.e. X-kan) material. However, I just found a clip from Hatsumi's Shinden Fudô Ryû (one of the 9 schools that make up the Bujinkan) video - [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-BDXcR03S0"]YouTube[/ame] In the beginning, it shows some old training methods that you probably won't find in a dojo today, but at the end of the clip a kata - Nichi Geki - is shown.

Good luck with making your choice. :)

20. TheMightyMcClaw

TheMightyMcClaw Dashing Space Pirate

You forget about the deadliest of all martial arts - Hoopsky Doopsky Ryu Real Authentic Polish Karate. Hoopsky Doopsky Ryu was created by elite warriors 30,000 years ago and has proven itself to be most effective form of hand to combat in thousands upon thousands of undocumented battles, secret missions, and Bloodsport-like underground fighting tournaments.