Hello everyone

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Old bloke, Nov 16, 2018.

1. Old bloke

Old bloke Active Member

Just introducing myself, I live in the u.k, almost 50, currently training Systema, but started training in MA back in 1981, started in Bujikan Ninjutsu for 10 years, then trained 12 years in Hapkido and held 3rd Dan in both, looking forward to lots of discussions.

axelb and Monkey_Magic like this.
  2. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

Welcome to MAP.

Good to have you on-board.

3. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

Hey man, welcome to MAP? What's your experience with Systema? I've seen videos on Youtube but, y'know, that's Youtube.

4. Old bloke

Old bloke Active Member

Hi pip, to explain Systema to another martial artist would take a large post, but it is based on 4 principles, breathing, relaxation, posture, and movement, without one principle it is not as effective, but the basic explanation is with breath you can restore yourself, pace yourself and have very little tension, which means you can relax, with a relaxed and good posture you can react quickly and naturally, and at unexpected angles, move and hit different, to understand it you need to spend some time training with a good teacher. I have seen a lot of youtube vis, Systema is not a pretty art to watch, but check out Vladimir Vasiliev on you tube.

5. Old bloke

Old bloke Active Member

Thnx simon

6. axelb

axelb Master of Office Chair Fu

Welcome to MAP :)

7. Old bloke

Old bloke Active Member

Thank you axleb are you affiliated with porl stone tkd

8. axelb

axelb Master of Office Chair Fu

nope :) not heard of that affiliation.