Have you guys ever run into the tacky mullet wearing blackbelts?

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by shonuff, Dec 3, 2003.

1. shonuff

shonuff New Member

Have any of you guys ever run into the stereotypical mcdojo master? The dude with the mullet, american flag gi, tons of patches, and beer belly?

Would you just bust out laughing?

2. labeledas

labeledas Valued Member

not really if i didn't think you fit the normal mold and though laughed at you would you like,

it's not his fault his parents decided to inbreed

3. Zamfoo

Zamfoo Valued Member

anyone with a mullet and beer belly gets my laugh ..... from afar. If he/she(i hope not) was a real blackbelt i think it'd get old pretty quick.

4. nzric

nzric on lookout for bad guys

Mullets rule.

It proves god has a sense of humour, to allow that kind of thing to happen in the first place

5. thekingster

thekingster New Member

Recently,
    We had a dad of one of our patient's who fit this mold. He was a McMaster of the McDojo if I'd ever seen one. More laughable than effective, I'm sure.

Keep Kicking,

6. Specter

Specter New Member

Saw one, laughed at him, sparred with him, I don't laugh anymore. (Well, I do, but my jaw hurts when I try)

7. Cyph

Cyph Banned Banned

'It proves god has a sense of humour, to allow that kind of thing to happen in the first place'

off topic, or proves he doesn't exist ;)

8. nzric

Come on Cyph - you don't think natural selection could come up with something that funny!

9. Greg-VT

Greg-VT Peasant

My cousins (Ben) former step father (John).
    Mullet, into a pony tail, typical Seagul wannabe. And yes, he had the belly of beer. And he was a 'black belt'.

He bragged and bragged, tryed to look tough. Always thinking he was the cream of the crop.

Untill one day he hit my aunt. Accident proberbly. He kicked her in the face -the eye. Maybe he was just showing off, as he usually did.

Anyways, things got heated up, and my cousin (Sarah) called us, and my dad went up there (1 min drive).

Here's the story told to me by my cousin:

John must have weighed something like 140 Kg, almost 6 foot.
    My dad weighs around 80Kg, and 5'7.

At this point tempers where hot. Voices were raised. Anyway, My dad stood this guy down. Not saying a word, just stood like a rock in front this guy. John dropped ****. Situation over.

Something I have alot of repect for my father for.

I simular event happened about 2 weeks later. This time Ben had had enough (he was around 14 years old).

This kid, 14 yo, with no training, smacked up this 'black belt', maybe not with ease, but he did.

How that a Mcdojo seagul wannbe pumpout?

10. nzric

How do you accidently kick someone in the eye?

11. Greg-VT

Greg-VT Peasant

Who knows. He like to show off alot. Kicking around etc.

:confused:

12. Freeform

Freeform Fully operational War-Pig Supporter

Probably the same way you accidently elbow someone in the face, by accident silly! :D

13. kempocos

kempocos Valued Member

Hey that mullet is to protect from strikes to the back of the neck, then your hand get wrapped up in it and you are trapped in the deadly mullet-wrist lock.

14. Kwajman

Kwajman Penguin in paradise....

Anyone ever see a badger with a mullet?

15. Shade

Shade New Member

ROFLMAO :D

16. KenpoDavid

KenpoDavid Working Title

or you could tie knives in your hair, making you one of the deadliest types of fighters there is! LOL!!!

17. labeledas

labeledas Valued Member

**** this i am growing a mullet start a new fighting style mullet-do-fu anyone want in

18. Thomas

Thomas Combat Hapkido/Taekwondo

I always learned to take no-one for granted. I think this thread was started on a light note, for a bit of humor, but sometimes that kind of mentality can be dangerous.

There are people out there who are incredible fighters, whether trained or not who may look presentable or not. I know some guys with beer bellies and mullets who are real tough customers... with abilities built on down and dirty experience, blood and guts. Don't discount people by the way they look.

The same goes in public... as a martial artist, no matter how well trained, I would advise to take each and EVERY potential opponent serious, no matter what their appearance.

19. chungmoomonkey

chungmoomonkey Just a few more months...

id deffanintly have to fight him fr discrasen my sport i dont need no mullet hicks representen ma

20. KenpoDavid

KenpoDavid Working Title

ok, but after that fight I will fight you over spelling! (same reasons)

LOL!