Hatsumi Grapples Multiple Opponents to the Ground

Discussion in 'Self Defence' started by flashlock, Jul 18, 2007.

1. Highland Ninja

Highland Ninja Valued Member

KempoFist, why don't you just fly out to Japan, kick Hatsumi's ass, and be done with it? :rolleyes:

Surely you don't fear an "old man" who comes from a "fake lineage" and who doesn't know how to grapple. I mean, it's obvious you have nothing but contempt for the guy and his art. If you win, you can proclaim that your BJJ is so much better than his taijutsu. Since you laugh at his techniques, you should have no problem, right?

:rolleyes:

2. flashlock

flashlock Banned Banned

OK, then enlighten us.

How has the BJK changed its training methods and techniques since September 11, 2001?

3. flashlock

flashlock Banned Banned

Well, the video shows Hatsumi woopin' 2 guys, so if KenpoFist wants to foot the bill, I'll fly down with him to Japan and Hatsumi can try to fight us simultaneously as demonstrated in the video. :)

4. stephenk

stephenk Valued Member

It's changed the same way your mobile phone has during that time period.

5. Highland Ninja

Highland Ninja Valued Member

Flashlock wrote:

If you were serious, I'd actually consider paying both your plane fares. We'd only need one-way tickets though. :p

Flashlock wrote:

What does a terrorist attack with an airplane against a skyscraper have to do with changing martial arts practice? :rolleyes:

Although I must say that Bujinkan has always (even before it was called Bujinkan) emphasized the perception and avoidance of danger, so I don't see the need for "change". Does your art deal with the perception of danger? ;)

6. KempoFist

KempoFist Attention Whore

Not the first person to suggest this. Won't be the last to make such an asinine statement I'm afraid. First of all I would like to state my credentials as a Jiu-Jitsu student who actively competes as grounds to criticize the grappling maneuvers that were depicted. If stuff worked like that, I'd be doing it, and if I couldn't do it, someone much more skilled than me would be. The thing is, things don't work like that, and people don't just give up because you're grabbing their throat or wrist. Well unless they are a Ninjutsu practitioner it seems.

I also would like to state my credentials as an ex-LARPer (albeit in Kempo form) so I know what it's like to serve as a compliant dummy for a senior master, and then go off bragging right after that demonstration about how awesome they were and how "helpless" I was. It's much based on herd mentality in reverence of what you depict to be your ideal, I've suffered from it, and I see many others in all forms of martial arts the same way, including BJJ.

As for flying to Japan, if someone would like to help me foot the airfare bill, and guarantee that Hatsumi will meet me on the mat I'd be glad to. It's very doubtful as one person said that I'd even get passed the front doors with that goal (though they seemed to think that the Hombu palace guards would dispatch of me in short order). Though I'd much rather face someone a bit younger and in their prime to get a real feel for what the art is all about and demonstrate on me first-hand....like say Bencole?? Oh wait, he slinked off the forums only until recently after I made that offer, and he hasn't responded to my PMs regarding such a meeting. *shrugs* Guess 10-15th dan doesn't mean an easy defeat over a lowly BJJ blue belt. Any other Ninjers willing to put up, or is it all talk of internet warriors around here?

7. KempoFist

They now overcharge you for training more than your contract allows, and offer overpriced crappy internet access?

8. KempoFist

Does Hatsumi give you a toaster if you hug his nuts hard enough?

9. Keikai

Keikai Banned Banned

easy, each year has changed the style of art in which we do, the motions we move and the techniques we do.

10. flashlock

flashlock Banned Banned

Wouldn't an egg poacher be more appropriate?

11. tekkengod

tekkengod the MAP MP

bwahaha people really argue about this crap?

12. flashlock

flashlock Banned Banned

What do you mean by "style of art"? You stop doing ninjutsu, so that changes how you move and the techniques you do? You all do this every year, collectively?

Can you try to explain this a bit better, I'm lost... :confused:

13. Keikai

Keikai Banned Banned

no, go and train.

14. KempoFist

:D

15. flashlock

flashlock Banned Banned

You have posted nearly 7,000 times here on MAP--YOU go and train.

If you are going to waste training time here posting when you should be lunge punching and collapsing at Hatsumi's feet, why not make it worth something and back up what you say, or you just look like an ignoramous.

So here's your chance: explain what you mean when you posted that everyone in the BJK changes their style, their techniques, and how they move every year.

16. Keikai

Keikai Banned Banned

boo hoo flashlock

i'm not wasting time, i'm on here in between working, or the other way round, some of us are lucky to be able to work from home so i'm working, playing on MAP, wondering whether to get my 360 or PS3 out, install new Broadbnad, looking after the kids and watching strawberry shortcake, if i could fit in training i would.

aaah mate it would take me ages, all i can be bothered to say is each year is different to the next, i enjoyed last year and i am looking forward to larping next year.

17. Dark Shadow

Dark Shadow Valued Member

I think you made a good point with your last statement: It depends on what you want to do with your training. I said the same thing. So, if person A isn't interested in what person B is doing, no need for them to make a change, big or small.

Well, I'd say some do and some don't. Look at David Dows site. Seems like he makes changes. You worked out with Rubber Tanto right? Judging by his posts, seems to me that he makes changes. BTW, are you still working out with him from time to time? If so, has he clarified some things with the BJK material with you? This is a sincere question BTW. Not trying to be a jerk, just asking about your workouts.

18. Zannen!

Zannen! Banned Banned

ROFL Jebus what are you on.

:saz:

Time to lock the thread again... Flashlock and Kempo fist, most likely Hatsumi sensei these days wouldn`t even give you the time of day. You probably wouldn`t even be able to watch a class unless you were a Bujinkan member. Maybe someone could or would meet your request in Japan, but it is doubtful you would be allowed in the Hombu dojo with such nonsense. But, I am not sure, you would have better luck with people in America or in Oz than coming to Japan looking for this crap. 15 years ago maybe, today unlikely.

Every other second someone makes baby jesus cry with this nonsense. Fine come to japan if you want it is a some what free country. Write a letter to him of intent to challenge and who knows you may get a response. But, don`t waste the time.

Can`t you two find people in your own countries to fight you? In Oz there has to be someone that would for you flash lock, and Kempofist haven`t you visited Ben yet? Or anyone else, or have they all turned you down. There choice of course, but are you really interested in fighting or are you doing it for some other reason?

Why don`t you just go yourselves and challenge these people in person instead over the internet? I just don`t seem to get your motivation in all of this.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2007
  19. KempoFist

ROFLOMGZLOLZ.

Why don't you go back to the last page and do some reading and see that I said exactly the same thing you have stated here, and in fact it was a NINJA that suggested I go to Japan and fight an old man. It's also worth noting this is the SECOND time this has been suggested to me to do, and both times I get yelled at by other Ninjas like it was my asinine idea.

My post in response to it for posterities sake:

20. Zannen!

Zannen! Banned Banned

Opps, sorry!
    I`ve had a beer or two. And missed my last train.
    But, it was also for flashlock too. But, generally a silly idea all around, you should be able to find someone (if you wanted) for a match in America though, don`t you think? Or do you only want to fight Ben? :p