Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by tom pain, Jul 12, 2007.

1. tom pain

tom pain I want Chewbacc for good

The latest generation brings with it the latest guitar hero game. This is going to be amazing! Songs are being confirmed all the time but here's a current list:

"Barracuda" - Heart
    "Cherub Rock" - Smashing Pumpkins
    "Cult of Personality" - Living Colour
    "Even Flow" - Pearl Jam
    "Knights of Cydonia" - Muse
    "Lay Down" - Priestess
    "The Metal" - Tenacious D
    "My Name Is Jonas" - Weezer
    "Paint It, Black" - The Rolling Stones
    "Rock and Roll All Nite" - Kiss
    "Rock You Like a Hurricane" - Scorpions
    "Sabotage" - Beastie Boys
    "School's Out" - Alice Cooper
    "She Builds Quick Machines" - Velvet Revolver
    "Slow Ride" - Foghat
    "Welcome to the Jungle" - Guns N' Roses

Slash is going be a boss character in the game and he will also feature as an unlockable character (complete with motion capture - so will that be the legs apart 'power' stance? :D )

But for me the best part:

[​IMG]

Wireless Les Paul controllers! :eek: :eek: :love:

Also to have online play and downloadable content. So hopefully there will be new songs to download and rock to.

Coming to: PS2, PS3, X-Box 360 and Wii
    Release Date: TBC (October 2007 pencilled in)

Last edited: Jul 13, 2007
  2. Chimpcheng

Chimpcheng Yup... Giant cow head... Supporter

They had a 'Guitar Hero' contest in the Virgin Megastore in Newcastle the other week. I was on my way to look at DVD's and suddenly noticed that I was surrounded by Goth Lite and Emo kids all vying to watch some people push buttons on a guitar shapped controller... :confused: :D

3. tom pain

I just noticed the second one from the left has the Wii remote inserted into the guitar! Sweet!

4. Chimpcheng

Chimpcheng Yup... Giant cow head... Supporter

That's even better than the golf and tennis add-ons you can get for the Wiimote. Fingers crossed for a sword add on '300' style! :D

5. Ad McG

Ad McG Troll-killer Supporter

Saw that list a while ago, most of those are master tracks too. Some classics there. The controller looks nice too (and it's Les Paul not Les Gibson - Gibson is a brand) but I will probably get it for PS2 as I already have 2 guitar hero controllers anyway.

I'm more excited about Rock Band now. There's also an 80s version of guitar hero coming out quite soon that you might look out for. Some good tunes but most aren't really my taste.

6. prowla

prowla Valued Member

That damn plaggy guitar lookalike is unplayable - I just couldn't get to grips with it.
    I can play Rush's YYZ (which is on a previous release of the game) on a real bass, but couldn't manage a note of it on a PS2.

7. inokichi

inokichi Murse

Wow! there are some awesome songs on there. I can't wait :cool:

8. Rhea

Rhea Laser tag = NOT MA... Supporter

WHAT A CHOOOOONNNNN!!!!!
    I can play it on bass too, but I'm a bit out of practice. Guitar Hero left me cold, I'm absolute rubbish. I guess it is for wanabee musicians after all.

Any real guitarists found the game easy?

9. Ad McG

It's easier than a complete noob playing it but it's obviously still a different set of motor skills. My brother is as good as me now and plays nothing.

10. tom pain

[LOW BLOW]That's not exactly hard though is it?[/LOW BLOW]

:p

11. TheMadhoose

TheMadhoose Carpe Jugulum

This converstion was had when guitar hero 1 was brought out it is a game its not real nor doeas it claim to be a learn guitar tool. sheesh my 8 year old can play it and he cant even get a note out a guitar.

12. Ad McG

I so want to get evo online so I can pwn your ass!

Although the guitar doesn't really do loads for your guitar playing, apparently playing the drums on hard in Rockband means that you will actually be able to play the drums.

13. tom pain

Whilst it won't teach you how to play the guitar, I think one's guitar playing could possibly benefit from improved co-ordination, timing, control over ring and pinky fingers, speed etc. Will have to get back to you on that though! Got it last night (Guitar Hero II that is). Got to grips with the game on easy first and completed career so now working through on normal (although I'm going to go back and get at least **** on all songs in easy). Psychobilly Freakout is crazy!

Last edited: Jul 14, 2007
  14. inokichi

inokichi Murse

My brother lives with a guy who is an awesome guitarist in a metal band. He completed Free Bird on Expert 100% accuracy on his third try ever at the game. I wouldn't normally believe that, but my brother vouches to me that he saw him do it.

15. Rhea

Rhea Laser tag = NOT MA... Supporter

Wasn't claiming it was real. Was commenting on the fact I don't seem to have met guitarists who find it anything other than extremely difficult!
    Perhaps they were going for ego and trying it expert from the start, and gave up.

16. tom pain

Well had Guitar Hero II for 4 days now and I'm loving it! Takes a little while to get used to mind.

Completed career on easy and I'm trying to get ***** on every song (only 7 left to do).
    Completed career on medium and am now going to get **** on every song. Freebird was an absolute monster though!

And 'Jordan' by Buckethead isn't actually that hard....

17. chopperfan666

chopperfan666 Valued Member

these games are always missing good metal music. no metallica, no slayer, come on

18. Ad McG

Rockband has Metallica on it, possibly a full album available for download.

I'm sure there is a Slayer song on either I or II.

Tom - The step up to hard is a lot bigger than the step from easy-medium :)

19. tom pain

Yeah I know. Medium isn't too bad and I've tried a few songs on hard - that is going to be a challenge!

What method do you use to reach the orange fret? So far on my few attempts I've found it easier to keep my hand on the normal buttons (as you would for medium) then quickly slide my whole hand down so that the pinky can reach the orange.

20. Ad McG

That's pretty much the only way, you might have to get your pinky working properly at first. The difficult part comes when you're switching in between but you get used to it.