Guba Doce Pares DVD's?

Discussion in 'Filipino Martial Arts' started by EmptyHandGuy, Sep 26, 2013.

1. EmptyHandGuy

EmptyHandGuy Valued Member

Does anyone know if they have released the full set of these Doce Pares DVD's? I know that the first four have been released (I have the first three) but have they been discontunued as all the places that had them listed show there not available? I saw on GM Guba's site that there is a new set of syllabus DVD's and a syllabus book but these are only available to instructors.

2. konishiki

konishiki New Member

I believe that the first 5 were released but yeah they have been discontinued.

If you're after a copy of Vols 4 & 5 then it might be worth an email to the guys at Apex Suppliers (http://apex-suppliers.com/) as they might have some old copies. (Ian Forster of Apex being in the videos). No promises obviously as for all I know they've all been sold or destroyed by now.

3. Pat OMalley

Pat OMalley Valued Member

Sold I can understand but why destroyed???

4. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

I've been invited to train with Ian from Apex Supplies this coming Monday.

I'll ask him.

5. konishiki

konishiki New Member

I have no idea! I don't know why they're not being sold but if they're no longer going to be sold then for all I know they'd have been binned. No point in keeping a bunch of DVDs around that you can't do anything with. Purely conjecture on my part to not build up any hopes that I know where there's a secret stash or anything!

6. EmptyHandGuy

Does sound strange that they would destroy the DVD's, it's not as of the techniques would have changed!

7. EmptyHandGuy

If your seeing him could you ask about when they are getting a new supply of uniforms in as I emailed them about a week ago but not received a reply!

8. Pat OMalley

Pat OMalley Valued Member

They may have ;)

9. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

Unfortunately I never got to the class, but I do have ex-students who train there and asked on my behalf.

Apex no longer sell the DVDs and their recommendadtion is that you contact GM Danny Guba directly.

10. EmptyHandGuy

Spoke to my instructors (tonglonglengjai and Mano Mano) about this and they have confirmed that they are no longer on sale as well.