Grappling Techniques

Discussion in 'Ninjutsu' started by Cougar_v203, Mar 12, 2003.

1. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

Yikes you're right - some of the pix seem to be missing. I'll get on the case & fix that. This one works though...

(Better not let Melanie see this one)

[​IMG]

2. Mr Heel Hook

Mr Heel Hook New Member

Hey, thanks! :D Yeash, like I said: "He's a machine."

3. Solane

Solane New Member

When I did Judo we always used the GI in class but I practiced at home with my brother no GI. The same with my Ninjutsu Instructor in class GI at his home no GI or on rare occasions no GI in lessons for a bit of reality training.

I think learning a technique needs to be done with a GI especially grappling/throws as on occasions the technique goes well with the clothes but the person is left standing.
    Handy to know how to sow at this point. :)
    You can control the person better with a GI on as already said.

But training no GI shows you where you need to place your hands and how much grip you can expect.

One of the students forgot his GI top and was training in a tee shirt. His partner was complaining that he could not do the Technique we had shown him because he had no collar to grab and if he did he would rip the tee shirt. So I demonstrated the same technique by gripping the back of his partner’s neck. He was amazed by what I thought was a simple and obvious solution and the lesson continued.

Solane

Last edited: Mar 17, 2003
  4. Cougar_v203

Cougar_v203 4th surgery....Complete!

I want his pecs :D

5. Freeform

Freeform Fully operational War-Pig Supporter

Then get to the gym, ya little runt! ;)

On, you go! :D

Gi/no Gi, have to practice with both, as in a scrap the Gi skills translate well into using an opps jacket against him!

Maurico Gomes is the best! Was at a seminar of his a few years ago and his stuff was awesome! Shame most of its illegal in Judo training though :(

Col

6. Cain

Cain New Member

Hmm new to grappling but how does having a gi and having no gi makes a difference?

Thanx,

|Cain|

7. TkdWarrior

TkdWarrior Valued Member

do one thing do grappling while clothes on...
    then later put off ur clothes get urself all oily n then try ur grappling stuff, then tell us here wat happened??
    Ok Cain. ;)
    -TkdWarrior-

8. Cain

Cain New Member

Umm.....I will pass that :D

But I see wat u r getting at, it will be hell of a lot more tough to get a grip

BTW I know Indian wrestlers oil themselves but wat bout American? I never seen one like that......

|Cain|

9. TkdWarrior

TkdWarrior Valued Member

americans...??
    well with sweat it's not easy to grip...
    -TkdWarrior-

10. Cain

Cain New Member

Oh, I see, grappling sure is'nt my thing, guess I will stick to hitting people and trapping rather than rolling on the floor with some big burly, hairy and smelly guy :D

Thanx,

|Cain|

11. TkdWarrior

TkdWarrior Valued Member

No Grappling is fun n challenging when u don't hav good grip...

frankly if u start spending more time on mat u'll start enjoying it too...

-TkdWarrior-

12. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

Yeah - plus, you get the wear Lycra in No Gi grappling :D

13. Cain

Cain New Member

LOL! no I think I will stick with 'yes gi' grappling :D

|Cain|

14. Cougar_v203

hmmm..i guess i'll grapple with a girl ;)

15. Cain

Cain New Member

Cougar, I really like u :D

|Cain|

16. Mr Heel Hook

Mr Heel Hook New Member

We have a few girls in our class, I bet they could whoop ya.

17. Cougar_v203

I'm sure but have they ever faced a ninja before? :D

18. Solane

Solane New Member

It's funny the difference when training with women. Both in judo and Ninjutsu.
    I have found the women don't hold back when fighting you.

When I have fought them though I have sometimes found myself switching a technique at the last minute to avoid an inappropriate hold. This is generally with the newer members, as the senior females realize you aren’t out to grope them.

I remember one of the senior women in our Judo club telling off one of the 16 year old lads because he would not grip her GI properly near her chest due to embarrassment. So he could not do the technique properly and kept losing in the sparing sessions. She threatened to bounce him round the room for an hour if he didn’t get a good grip. He stuck at it and became very good at Judo.

Solane

19. Cougar_v203

hmmm i wanted to that guy..lol sike umm i never noticed that but ok.
    I treat everyone equally on or off the mat but for the girls i tend to not put so much strength into the punch, kick, or whatever.
    For the Guys I don't hold back I will do anything to win.

20. TkdWarrior

TkdWarrior Valued Member

<For the Guys I don't hold back I will do anything to win>

stupid, baised and (^#*&^(#$ :p
    -TkdWarrior-