Grappling in uk

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by tengu, May 10, 2004.

1. tengu

tengu Capoeirista "Paparazzi"

Does anyone out there know of ANY grappling schools of ANY STYLE in sheffield,camebridgeshire or lincolnshire? Or anyone that offers private lessons?

2. Levo

Levo Nathan Leverton

Sheffield has very good Shootfighting club and also Andy Roberts' BJJ school (was a Royce Gracie club, might be Gracie Barra now, I'm not sure). You can contact Andy at: Arjiujitsu@aol.com

Cambridge has a couple of very good groups who are now training together I believe. One has fighters such as Mark Day, Robbie Oliver and Gez Colville, the other Pierre Guillet and Dave Mclaughlin. Check out http://www.cambridgefreefight.co.uk or I'm sure you can find them on the SFUK.net MMA forum.

There loads of good clubs about, try searching the web.

Nathan

3. Aegis

Aegis River Guardian Admin Supporter

What sort of grappling are you after? Grappling runs the range from Aikido to BJJ, which are 2 very different styles of martial art.

4. Levo

Levo Nathan Leverton

*struggles to resist taking the pi$$ out of Aikido* ;)

Anyway, just posted on SFUK by Robbie:

"Tidal wave hits East of England....

...in the form of Tsunami Gym, a new pro fight team made up with some of the best UK MMA fighters, including Pierre Guillet, Dave McLaughlin, Robbie Olivier, Mark Day, Lee Doski, Chris Ellington, Nilson Lopez (BJJ Black Belt), Gez Coville and more up and comers!

The team got its first win @ Cagewarriors 7 with Lee Doski when he got an armbar in Rd 1 last weekend. The next member to fight will be Pierre on Europe's Premiere fight show European Vale Tudo III "Inferno" where he will face tough Julián González Cañada from S.H.O.O.T. Spain in the main event.

Tsunami Gym has a very professional approach to their training and represent "SHOOTERS" with August Wallen as their Technical Director.

For more info about the team email: info@tsunamigym.com "

Last edited: May 12, 2004
  5. Aegis

Aegis River Guardian Admin Supporter

Nothing wrong with aikido if it's taught well