Grapplers/Wrestlers superior to boxers?!???

Discussion in 'Boxing' started by Myke_Tyson, Dec 11, 2006.

1. BGile

BGile Banned Banned

2. saru1968

saru1968 New Member

3. cowzerp

cowzerp Valued Member

anyone who thinks grapplers will always beat boxers are living in cuckoo land!
    in the early days of mma this would of been the case but thats because the gracies trained to defend against strikers and strikers where clueless to grappling-most mma strikers focus on boxing now as kicks make it to easy to be pulled down-and when the boxing style fighters can stay on there feet the grappler is in trouble-also grapping the boxers arm and holding him there!!
    yeah and the other arm will smash you up. look at all the champs in ufc now and they are nearly all strikers-and also focus on boxing, not thai boxing.

4. cowzerp

cowzerp Valued Member

why are most ufc champions strikers then? and although there not even real boxers they use boxing styles-chuck is a kickboxer but barely ever throws kicks. i do mma bjj thai and boxing and its the boxers who do the most damage when they train to prevent take downs..

5. tekkengod

tekkengod the MAP MP

do you have a mental disease? its not that serious, take a deep breathe, but for the record, sean sherk wrestled over 300 matches, wonder where that base athleticism came from? liddlell, college wrestler, GSP, trains with the canadian olympic wrestling team. silvas a bad stand up mofo, period lol. get back to me on your theory after you have a chat with cro cop, he seems to kick peoples heads across the room just fine.

6. cowzerp

cowzerp Valued Member

im not doubting there ground game, what im saying is mma up fighters are learning to prevent take downs so they can knock grapplers out standing up-chuck obviosly agrees with me as he never goes to ground-and if this was superior surely that would be his choice as he's got both in his arsenal? get a reality check buddy

7. tekkengod

tekkengod the MAP MP

you could've articulated that a little better.
    "take down defense is a good idea"

8. jamie1976

jamie1976 Valued Member

i do both and use both!

this grappeler sounds like hes got a right chip on his shoulder!
    i do both boxing and grappleing and find they only compiment eachother i use alot of stances and foot work from stand up grappleing wen boxing and use the hand speed, power and body movment ive gained from boxing when im grappleing. niether of these arts is better than the other its just the person using it that is better like they say 'its not the dog in the fight its the fight in the dog that counts'. Im sure if you put a good boxer infront of th grappeler he'd just jab him off all day until the grappeler gave in and if u put a good grappeler infront of a ok boxer he'd jus take him to the ground and tie him in knots each art could beat the other in the right situation. If i was you id jus fill this guy in and send him on his way to a new gym coz he sounds like a loser. :bang: