"Grandmaster" Yehoshua Sofer

Discussion in 'Other Styles' started by MentalFabric, Mar 4, 2006.

1. MentalFabric

MentalFabric Valued Member

http://www.abirwarriorarts.com/bio.htm
    has anyone checked this out before? did a quick search on the forums but couldn't find anything. what's your opinion of this guy? as fake as it seems, i'd attend his dojo at least once if he was nearby :D

2. Earlyturtle

Earlyturtle New Member

He seems alright, I don't really get these ancient jewish martial arts he's on about though.

3. CJ

CJ Killer of all the B.S.

is this guy for real

4. Wolf

Wolf Totalitarian Dictator

I don't really know what to say to that :confused:

5. Dragon Brush

Dragon Brush Valued Member

Sooo....was the point of this website basically to say "~I know something you don't know~" :confused: :D :confused:

6. CJ

CJ Killer of all the B.S.

looks that way.
    But if you read his background it said he trained in kuk sool won and in hapkido. And I looked at the kuk sool masters site and did not see him there.

7. MentalFabric

MentalFabric Valued Member

what'd you guys think of his videos? kinda hard to tell due to the fact it's just kata on his own, but it looks like some form of kung fu or something. I think he wears a white belt for a reason though ^.^

8. psbn matt

psbn matt great sage = of heaven

thats because he he trains in kuk sool under Gm in sun seo (Gm in hyuk suh's brother) of the korean kuk sool association a splinter organisation of the World Kuk Sool Association.

if he is the inheriter (sp?) of ancent secret isreali martial arts why did he need to study so many korean ma's for such a long time?

9. TheMightyMcClaw

TheMightyMcClaw Dashing Space Pirate

It appears to be Orthadox Jewish Hapkido.

10. tellner

tellner Valued Member

A bull was around here. It had eaten recently :bang:

The weapons are all Chinese/Korean. He doesn't make a big deal out of wrestling or boxing even though wrestling was popular among Jews from Biblical times, and Jews such as Mendoza revolutionized boxing just a couple centuries ago. The fan and stances are pure Korean. Where are the spear and shield, the short sword, the sickle sword, the bow?

He lies like a cheap carpet.

11. brood82

brood82 New Member

This guy is such a crank...
    In the single sword thing what's his problem with jerking off his sword?
    Wierdo