Grandmaster Daniel K. Pai

Discussion in 'Kung Fu' started by kmguy8, Dec 31, 2005.

1. kmguy8

kmguy8 Not Sin Binned

I am looking for anyone who knows someone that would have studied under grandmaster daniel k. pai with dr. paul olsen. Dr. olsen was a teacher of one of my instructors, and I'd like to find a list of other teachers decending from that line. does anyone have a chart with the teachers GM Pai's certified.

2. Bil Gee

Bil Gee Thug

3. PlumDragon

PlumDragon "I am your evil stimulus"

I studied pai lum under sifu Mark Dill, whos teacher (SIfu Galiano) trained directly with Daniel Pai.

Im not familiar with Dr Olson and can find very little pertinent info on the web, aside from the fact that he studied MANY arts aside form pai lum.

You might consider asking the sme question over at DL, as there are a large number of pai lum people over there well connected into the pai lum community.

4. KGS BBS

KGS BBS Valued Member

Hi, I have an old college buddy whom I still get together with, his name is Rick Matioli. He's a police officer in Massachusetts and an instructor within the Daniel K. Pai lineage. He's been in the system for decades and knows a lot of people. Here's his e-mail address, he can probably help you: [please don't post e-mails in Discussion Threads, its against the TOS of this site. - Matt] Tell him Joe Shuras sent you.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 3, 2006
  5. Lame Leopard

Lame Leopard Valued Member

Try contacting www.pailum.org They may know something.

6. PlumDragon

Thats GLenn C Wilson lineage and I dont believe has anything to do with what kmguy is looking for.

7. Lame Leopard

According to the website, Glenn C. Wilson is a direct disciple of GM Pai.

8. PlumDragon

He is, and so is Olsen. They have created 2 different lineages by virtue of the fact that they teach/taught 2 VERY different philosophies to their students, despite being students of the same person; manifested lineage differences had to start somewhere...

9. Lame Leopard

Thank you.

10. Shrfu_Eric

Shrfu_Eric New Member

There are so many direct students of GM Pai.

GM Bill Gregory (RIP)
    GM Wilson
    GM St. Charles
    Lung Shr Ed Stroke (Canada)
    Pai Li lum
    GM Verigan from GM Gregory
    Master Kaylor (sp?)

The list goes on ... Why are you looking for the info?

GM Pai taught and certified many people. Taught them many different things.

As far a chart ... don't know.

Hope you find what you looking for.

Eric

11. Shrfu_Eric

Shrfu_Eric New Member

Sifu Rick is a kenpo guy. He is related to the Kajukenpo Pai Lum Federation. He would def have info on more students of GM Pai.

Try to go to Kajukenpo Pai Lum web site of GM Verigan and there is a lineage link with some people who have been certified GM Pai, GM Verigan and GM Bill Gregory.

Eric

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 3, 2006
  12. kmguy8

kmguy8 Not Sin Binned

Thank you Eric and Joe. I am in touvh with Rick already and a few others. I still need help as the mystery gets deeper.

I am seeking Olsen's cohorts because I have a diploma from him signed by pai for a fusion art. it is something of a mystry to me because I am a teacher of this very fusion art. DKP's signiture on the diploma is mind-blowing as the art is a blend of Jook lum, a rare silat form, and pai's own teachings. I was under the impression thar Dr. Olsen created this blend on his own while moving away from Pai's teachings in the 80's. It seems that Pai may have had a hand in it. Basically, I am exploring the history of my art and trying to get closer to the truth of the 60's, 70's and 80's. It is my hope that Dr. Olsen's training partners from those early days might be able to shed some light on the matter...

thanks...

13. Shrfu_Eric

Shrfu_Eric New Member

I also do an offset of Pai Lum that was created by GM Bill Gregory ... Kajukenpo (was GM Gregory's experience with different MAs) Ch'uan Fa. My teacher was certified by GM Gregory to 3rd rank Black. The majority of the forms we have come from Pai Lum and Kajukenpo. Still taught by Shr Gung Larry .. who is a 5th level master of Pai Lum and 5th level master of Kajukenpo. His teacher is Lung Shr Ed Stroke - who is 7th level master of Pai Lum from GM Pai.

What is the name of your system?

Eric