Good Dojo in Cumbernauld? (Scotland)

Discussion in 'Aikido' started by Bob332, Jan 6, 2012.

1. Bob332

Bob332 New Member

Hi all,

I registered here just to ask if any one knows any good Dojo in Cumbernauld, that is a town close to Glasgow, Scotland.

I am looking for the martial art of Aikido, not the franchised political demos of the art :)

Any help is most appreciated.

Bob332

2. KOKORO KAI

KOKORO KAI Valued Member

Travel into Glasgow and attend Makotokai Dojo, started by the late Slim Coyle
    NO POLITICS JUST PURE AIKIDO.

3. Mangosteen

Mangosteen Hold strong not

Yeah i agree. Koyo was one of the best aikidoka in the UK and trained with some pretty amazing people.
    if i was to train aikido anyway it would be with his old club.

4. Bob332

Bob332 New Member

Thanks for the advice, I checked the website, unfortunately the times and days do not suit me. Since I am living and working in Cumbernauld I was hoping to find a dojo here.

Bob332

5. philipsmith

philipsmith Valued Member

Try the British Birankai website - from memory they have a dojo in Cumbernauld

6. Sore Knees

Sore Knees Valued Member

7. Bob332

Bob332 New Member

Thanks philipsmith and Sore Knees, will check these out.

Bob332

8. sakumeikan

sakumeikan Valued Member

cumbernauld

Hi , there was/is? a dojo in the Tryst Sports Centre. Also in Chryston [Thistle Aikikai ] Wishaw has a class.Dont know who is now at Tryst, but the other two have Shihan/Shidoin teachers.Mike Flynn 6th Dan Shihan, Stevie Boyle5th Dan Shidoin.Highly skilled men with years of experience under Chiba Sensei. Joe.

9. Dave Humm

Dave Humm Serving Queen and Country

Completely off topic but..

Take a close look at the name of the 432 Bulldog my Sqn used in Iraq.

[​IMG]

Cumbernauld.

10. steviesaku

steviesaku New Member

cumbernauld

there is still a dojo in the tryst sports centre , that was founded by G Girvan the yukokan or there is the thistle aikido club in chryston