Godan test question

Discussion in 'Ninjutsu' started by Dao, Feb 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dao

Dao Valued Member

Hello,
    In light of recent Godan test discussions I have been looking at youtube clips and would like to ask a question.
    I am not a Bujinkan practitioner and so I ask this out of simple curiosity.

Is it generally accepted that Mr Hatsumi has already decided if someone will pass or fail before they attempt the Godan test?
    I understand if this is the case and the actual 'test' is something symbolic.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLvOZ1O96Jo&feature=related"]YouTube- Sakki Test Bujinkan[/ame]

In the above clip the way Mr Hatsumi strikes 0:29 and 2:45 are very different.

I observe this to be consistent with all the clips I have seen where people pass the test. With varying degrees of subtlety

The discussion of sensing the violent intent behind the attack seems somewhat redundant at the 1:21 attempt as there seems to be a jocular rather than violent energy to the attack.

I understand that it may be felt that Mr Hatsumi can somehow project the relevant intent regardless of his outward appearance however it seems to me like he has already decided who he wants to pass and whom he does not.

*Mods, please feel free to delete this if everyone is weary of this discussion.

Dao

2. Omicron

Omicron is around.

Here we go again...

3. kouryuu

kouryuu Kouryuu

I've got me popcorn ready!!!

4. kouryuu

kouryuu Kouryuu

Dao, do a search here, you'll find that this subject was VERY recently discussed:woo:

5. CKava

CKava Just one more thing... Supporter

Absolutely no need for a new thread when we already have two active ones and a number of older threads specifically on the topic. Also, all of the points raised have been addressed in the recent threads so I suggest you read them before posting the same questions...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.