Girlfriend is into martial arts

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by davebrown223, Feb 18, 2013.

1. ShadowHawk

ShadowHawk Valued Member

^Directly from the womans mouth

gameday chicki go BOOM

2. Grass hopper

Grass hopper Valued Member

(Although I can't speak from a woman's perspective, I can offer some insight) I don't find men who are intimidated easily attractive at all, even if someone could beat you up, don't let that intimidate you. Because chances are they never will. Fear no man, even if you have reason to.

3. AndrewTheAndroid

AndrewTheAndroid A hero for fun.

Just be glad that she isn't into Marital Arts.

4. Langenschwert

Langenschwert Molon Labe

Well, I teach MA, so it's a part of my identity to a large degree. However, I have friends and training partners who are more skilled than I am, particularly at unarmed stuff. But it doesn't intimidate me. No matter who you are, or how good you are, there's someone out there that can beat the crap out of you. That it happens to be your gf isn't a bad thing. At least she's on YOUR side! :D Don't sweat it. Just be your own kind of awesome, and she will dig said awesomeness. And that's the main thing.

In my head, the OP is dating Ronda Rousey. 'Cause that would be cool.

-Mark

5. PlanetaArte

PlanetaArte New Member

Hello. Sorry for bumping this after 3+ years; but I made this account as I feel I have the need to give the following advice to davebrown223 even despite he may not read it nor need it anymore. But I have to get it out of my chest.

Leave that woman.

I am sorry but this is my advice. The fact this is bothering you; it means you are not comfortable on such situation and from my experience on similar cases; nothing good will come out of a serious relationship with such a woman.

Now about her life, she is not doing anything wrong; it is good for her she is able to stand for herself and have a healthy lifestyle, but she is too good for you. She is too much for you and you will never catch up with her, best for you is to leave her.

Like some advice you here; do not compete with her as it will leave you nothing in return. Some say go to her practice place / dojo and see what she does and see if you get interested; but I would had rather told you that if you do wish to practice martial arts to feel worthy of her; do not take practice in the same place she does. Find someother place and style which may suit you better and do not tell her; but if she eventually finds out by herself then OK.

But again, my main advice would be to leave her. It is easier to learn to fly airplanes and even space shuttles as it takes from months to some years but martial arts take years, to decades to lifetimes if taken seriously. Which seems this woman is aiming at, not just self-defense and cardio fitness.

Now to check what others said.

Well that is something expected to be said from someone who wears such character as an avatar.

Like what?

Exactly, do not learn to compete against her as she has years of advantage. By the time you reach her current rank, she will be in a higher one.

It is highly likely she does, hence why she picked him. More on that later in a quote.

He has the right to be worried.

And then you say:

So much of a though guy you are. Flying planes is easy, maybe I could teach you.

Another suggestion of not doing it for competition.

The fact that she is good at it means she is not regular. Being himself will never work.

But it is.

These are examples of strong women who despise weak men. See this is what I mean. But I will leave the quote at the end.

I am sorry but this makes no sense. Are you homosexual? Not to insult or anything but it would make sense.

Now onto a quote by Dr. Chris A. Moreno:

But Blade96, Metal_Kitty and Princess Haru have stated they only want male partners who are as strong as they are. In a way this is good, but the way they describe it is like trying to make people like davebrown223 as something less, but as Dr. Moreno says: It's the attitudes mostly.

Thank you for your time and again I apologize for bumping into this.

6. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

God damn dude. You have some issues if you feel the need to knowingly necro a thread that's 3 years old all over a girl. You got some kind of personal involvement or relative experience?

7. Bozza Bostik

Bozza Bostik Antichrist on Button Moon

What's even more disturbing is that if you read his intro thread, you'd get the impression that he joined MAP just to answer this thread!

8. gapjumper

gapjumper Intentionally left blank

@PlanetaArte

You appear to have some real issues with women, as does that Dr Moreno you quoted.

Your insecurities (and Dr Moreno's) may benefit from some therapy.

PS: Are you Dr Chris Moreno by any chance?

9. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

Interestingly Dr. Chris A. Moreno doesn't seem to of published your quote anywhere online. Its also has spelling mistakes, and colloquialisms in it, therefore it's not from a published article from a reputable professional source.

If its not published how do you have it?

Are you Dr. Chris A. Moreno??

Last edited: Oct 12, 2016
  10. CrowZer0

CrowZer0 Assume formlessness.

Seriously, why?

11. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

3 years wait for this pile?

You should change your name to "Duke Nukem Forever"

12. Purespite

Purespite Valued Member

Maybe be after three years it finally became clear that Ronda was never going to reply to all those letters?

13. PlanetaArte

PlanetaArte New Member

First of all; I knew there was a risk of bumping an old thread but decided to go with it anyway and not because I have issues against women like most of you claim but with people like davebrown223, whom I felt I needed to give this reply of a question which sadly I found 3 years too late.

Also some of you claim I am Dr. Moreno; I wish I could give such claim but I alas am not, but I felt I had to quote something what I wrote on what he told me about the matter. Most of you seem to be trolling the most on this.

And rather than make a whole new thread on this; I just gave my reply to davebrown223 alas too late. But hoping others with the same profile read it. So sorry for bringing this thread back to life but if you simply do not want it around then let it die and do not post, though that is like saying not to give an opinion, but just a few of you are giving good opinions while others are taking the oportunity to troll this.

14. philosoraptor

philosoraptor carnivore in a top hat Supporter

It seems like we've got a lot of these sorts of crazy misogynistic posts in the past year.

15. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

" but I felt I had to quote something what I wrote on what he told me about the matter. "

so Dr Moreno is your own Dr? (psychologist or psychiatrist?)

16. Ero-Sennin

Ero-Sennin Well-Known Member Supporter

Christ on a stick!

No Crisco for this thread either >: O

17. Hannibal

You are not being trolled, you are being called out for posting misgyonistic drivel - you could have posted a picture of a donkeys **** and contributed as much to this thread as you did with that ill-conceived bilge you crapped out above

18. Morik

Morik Well-Known Member Supporter MAP 2017 Gold Award

Does anyone else think about how women are in the same situation as OP a lot of the time? Not the being intimidated part, but the being physically outmatched by their partner part.

I'd be willing to bet that as a whole women deal with this situation much better (emotionally/mentally) than men do when placed in this situation.

Seems similar to the situation where a woman makes a lot more money than the man, and this causes angst in the man.

I wonder if it's some physiological thing where men feel the need to be the dominant one (e.g., due to hormones or something) vs conditioning by society?

19. Hannibal

it's almost exclusively that, and is tied into ridiculously outdated concepts and ideals about men and women coupled with fragile egos of 'Alpha wannabes"

20. Hannibal

Submissive/dominant are not dictated exclusively by gender, sexuality or anything else - it's entirely a matter of personal choice and taste...one is not wrong or one is not better it is simply a "crunchy or smooth" situation