Getter dun fu

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Slappy, Jun 29, 2006.

1. ap Oweyn

ap Oweyn Ret. Supporter

Would it be insulting to your style of choice if I told you that the Shotokan symbol in your avatar makes me think of a tiger in a gigantic plastic hamster ball? If so, I apologize. But it made me chuckle. :)

EDIT: To be clear, I think the Shotokan symbol is pretty awesome. But I guess my sense of humour is playing catch up.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2006
  2. ap Oweyn

ap Oweyn Ret. Supporter

Scratch my earlier question about Sifu Melton. He runs Asheville Martial Arts, though he does teach kung fu.

3. Llamageddon

Llamageddon MAP's weird cousin Supporter

Highly offensive. In fact, I challenge you to a duel! :woo:

But yes, a slightly curious young tiger who seems to have got himself locked in a ball...

And see that fly just behind his tail? He's been at the beans again

4. Llamageddon

Oh, and is it wrong that I've just written a completely arbitrary post to get my post count up to 100? :D

5. Johnno

Johnno Valued Member

Not at all. I've done it over 3,000 times now! :D

Congratulations! :)

6. ap Oweyn

ap Oweyn Ret. Supporter

You were responding to a slight directed at your style. Perfectly acceptable. In fact, it would be a violation of bushido (or something) to have done otherwise. Besides... 100th post. Woo hoo!

7. Moosey

Moosey invariably, a moose Supporter

Oh dear! I'm never going to be able to look at that symbol in the same way again!

Attached Files:

8. ap Oweyn

ap Oweyn Ret. Supporter

Good thing for me that you Shotokan folks have a healthy sense of humour. :)

9. Llamageddon

Well, someone's got to, haven't they?

Anyway, I'll be having the last laugh WHEN I UNLEASH MY FISTS OF FURY UPON YOUR COWERING FIGURE! MWAHAHAHAHAH!

Or something like that, anyway...

10. Moosey

Moosey invariably, a moose Supporter

Nah, we're just very good at typing while HIRING NINJAS TO KILL THOSE MOCK OUR SYMBOLS!!!!!!!!11111

(Typing that really made me want to know if the yellow pages phone directory had anything listed for ninjas - it doesn't. Or assassins. How are you meant to hire ninja assassins if they don't list in the phone book?)

11. Lord Spooky

Lord Spooky Banned Banned

You called? :yeleyes: :yeleyes:

:D :D

12. ap Oweyn

ap Oweyn Ret. Supporter

When am I going to learn? The last time I ticked off British Shotokan-ers, I was forced to immigrate to the United States. Now where am I going to go?!

p.s. Moosey, I think you have to look under "cleaner." There are lots of listings there.

13. Llamageddon

I recommend askaninja.com

When he's not busy giving interviews, I'm sure he'd look forward to killing soon

Amusing side story: I've just handed in an application form for bar staff at a rock club - under the slightly whimsical title asking if there are any relavent qualifications, among other things I put 'karate, in case anyone steps out of line...' I reckon I'm almost guaranteed the job lol :woo:

Last edited: Jun 29, 2006
  14. Lily

Lily Valued Member

I think the assassins are listed under 'Management consultants'.

15. ap Oweyn

ap Oweyn Ret. Supporter

LOL!

Well played. :D

16. bcullen

bcullen They are all perfect.

Funny, I've always thought that 'management consultants' were the justification for hiring assassins; actually, consultants and politicians in general provide reasons to keep the profession going. :D

17. Llamageddon

It's a vicious circle...

18. ap Oweyn

ap Oweyn Ret. Supporter

With a tiger in the middle.

19. Llamageddon

A vicious tiger

Nice one! :D

20. TheDarkJester

TheDarkJester 90% Sarcasm, 10% Mostly Good Advice.

Sounds great.. But I'm still gonna laugh when you poke fun at a Kali/Arnis/Escrima fighter and get smacked across the skull with a rattan stick :) Lets see how leet you are when you have a nice welt line across your face :D

Ub3R-1337 Ninja WAAAAAAAH!!! OWW! OW MUTHATRUCKA WHATCHU HIT ME WITH A STICK OR SOMETHIN? OWW YOU CRAZY THAT SCHTUFF HURTS!!