Gah I gone deaf!What?

Discussion in 'Injuries and Prevention' started by Su lin, Aug 27, 2008.

1. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

Lou as a baby :cool:

Attached Files:

2. Frodocious

Frodocious She who MUST be obeyed! Moderator Supporter

Poor Lou (I ssem to keep saying this!), I had my ear syringed the other day and it seems to be a lot better - not 100% yet, but I can hear out of it now and I'm hoping it settles down completely over the next couple of days. Good luck with getting a new appointment with the NHS!

3. piratebrido

piratebrido internet tough guy

I don't know what I would do if I couldn't quite hear awesome songs like this:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFmQAQ9EDeM"]YouTube[/ame]

4. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

I CAN HEAR!!!!!!

The sense of relief I feel right now is so great I am celebrating with a chocolate muffin. It was an ordeal getting it out- the consultant had to suck it out (with a machine, not by himself) and it a) really hurt and 2) made me really dizzy. I still feel odd, probably tired as I haven't been sleeping for the last 6 weeks with the worsening of my tinnitus. It has gone back to its "normal" level now which I can live with.

So, all I say is ,look after your hearing people as if it goes it is horrible!

5. tom pain

tom pain I want Chewbacc for good

Wish I'd known that before Dragonforce gig....

6. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

Seriously if I ever go and see any bands again I would wear earplugs. Permanent tinnitus just isn't worth it, after over 3 years of having it believe me,take care of your hearing :)

7. Frodocious

Glad to hear your hearing is back! Mine isn't, turns out I have an ear infection and am now on antibiotics! :bang:

8. tom pain

tom pain I want Chewbacc for good

At Metallica there were people wearing ear-plugs. I did wonder what the point is.....

9. Frodocious

A Doctor I used to work for did medicals on potential Navy recruits and he used to say that the most common cause of young people failing the medical was poor hearing caused by listening to loud music!