Frodocious's Fabulous Female Fitness Frenzy

Discussion in 'Training Logs' started by Frodocious, Aug 28, 2011.

1. Frodocious

Frodocious She who MUST be obeyed! Moderator Supporter

Knee (actually back of knee to be precise) is feeling much better having had an ice pack applied to it earlier. I may need to eliminate my run tomorrow and do something else instead.

2. Frodocious

28/9/11

~3.7km walk followed by some lower body and back SMR

3. Frodocious

As I'm on a deload/recovery week this week, I've dropped today's lifting session and am using it as an extra day off.

4. nekoashi

nekoashi Valued Member

Its amazing the gains you can make by doing nothing sometimes. Enjoy the time off from lifting!

5. Frodocious

Thank you. I plan my easy/rest weeks round hormonal fluctuations as I'd rather rest and recover during my 'weak as a very weak kitten' phase rather than struggle in the gym with weights I can normally handle fairly easily and get depressed! Tomorrow will also be a day off (possibly with some SMR if I get round to it) and then back to a normal routine on Saturday. :lifting: :weightlifter: I'm currently feeling guilty after eating 4 chocolate digestives!

6. nekoashi

nekoashi Valued Member

If you are looking to gain muscle, you need to eat. Release that guilt. You can always spend a few weeks down the road focused on cutting fat.

7. Frodocious

I eat plenty. Getting enough calories is not something I struggle with. I am however trying to cut down on processed crap and eat as cleanly as possible. My biggest weaknesses are biscuits and cake and although I'm perfectly aware that the occasional pig out is not going to hurt, I still feel a little guilty when it happens out of my normal 'cheat meal' schedule. Cheat meals are normally reserved for the weekend and occasion nights out with the girls.

8. seiken steve

seiken steve golden member

Pssstt frodo, mountain dog diet. :google:

Best think since sliced rice cakes (no bread in it see)

9. nekoashi

nekoashi Valued Member

Now that is pure wisdom. I hope others read this and learn from what you said. Right now I am working on bulking a bit and have raised my calories. Eating so much is really killing me after spending a year losing 50lbs of fat. But I have stalled at the gym and need to increase my upper body strength a bit.

10. Frodocious

I tend to lean towards Primal/paleo (which looks like a similar concept).

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/

and aim for around 80-90% compliance - I don't care what they say about grains, I'm NEVER giving up cake and I do like a piece of toast occasionally! I'm also not prepared to give up going out for meals with friends or my occasional pizza and scifi night!

My sister is an Evolutionary Anthropologist, so I pinch all her diet papers for fun reading!

Bulking is not something I particularly aim for but if I wanted to do it I would find it fairly easy because of my size and weight. My BMR is only ~1300 calories so even with a highly active daily schedule (which I don't have at the moment) it only goes up to ~2300 calories per day, which is relatively easy to get. I also have a big appetite - Frodocious is a name a friend of mine came up with on a walking holiday we took a few years ago. It's a combination of Frodo and Ferocious based on the fact that I'm small, have a hobbit like need for food (second breakfast anyone?!) and do scary (ferocious) sports!

11. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

That and the hairy feet. Don't forget the hairy feet.

I'm becoming a convert to fartlek as it seems to put less stress on my calves/ankles than the steady speed stuff. I know you're not a running fan, but have you tried farting?

Mitch

12. Frodocious

They need no mention! They iz EPIC! :cool:

Every Friday night after my curry!

I'm not really running far enough yet to do fartlek sessions - I used to do them as part of my marathon kayaking training. My running at the moment is pretty much interval based anyway, just increasing the running part of the walk/run sessions a little each week.

13. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

Pop over to Nottingham, I'll, sort out a session that will challenge your cardio and leave you sweaty and gasping for breath.

Did that come out dirty?

Mitch

14. Frodocious

Of course it did! And I'd be shocked if it hadn't! ;) :)

15. Frodocious

Today is another day off. Tomorrow normal service will be resumed! :)

16. Frodocious

1/10/11

How can it be October already?!

3 mins shadow boxing/kicking and bagwork 1 min rest x 5
    Round breakdown:
    2 rounds shadow boxing/kicking,
    1 round bagwork - relatively light punches, elbows and knees
    1 round shadow boxing/kicking

Complex:
    15kg barbell, 2x11lb dumbbells

Barbell Deadlift
    Hang clean
    Front squat
    Bent over row
    Dumbbell reverse lunge
    1 min rest
    Repeat x 6

Collapse gasping to the mat...

Followed by:

3 mins shadow boxing/kicking and bagwork 1 min rest x 5
    Round breakdown:
    2 rounds shadow boxing/kicking,
    1 round shadow boxing/kicking
    1 round ground and pound/armbar spinouts on a floor bag

As much as it hurts whilst doing it, I really enjoy doing the barbell complex and it feels like I'm achieving a good conditioning workout!

17. Princess Haru

Princess Haru Valued Member

my browser crashed the other day when I was going to say thanks for the greek yogurt suggestion. It's now an almost daily staple

18. nekoashi

nekoashi Valued Member

I live on that stuff too! I usually have at least two a day. I also eat a lot of sardines.

19. Frodocious

You're perfectly welcome - browser crashes are a pain aren't they! :bang:

And greek yoghurt rocks muchly! :D

Last edited: Oct 2, 2011
  20. Frodocious

2/10/11

A1: Front squats
    1x5 20kg
    1x5 25kg
    1x5 30kg
    1x3 35kg
    1x2 40kg
    3x5 42.2kg PB
    A2: Ring row - 3x6

B1: Glute bridges on gym ball 3x10
    B2: Pushups 4x5 (2 x normal, 2 x tricep)

C1: Single leg deadlifts - 3x5 each leg 11lb
    C2: Wrist pushups 2x10

D1:Wrist roller 4x5, 5lb
    D2:Arm supported straight leg lifts 3x6 5lb

E: Reverse leg lifts 3x5 15lbs

F: Frogstand 2x35secs