Forms in Eskrima,Kali, Arnis?

Discussion in 'Filipino Martial Arts' started by EmptyHandGuy, Feb 27, 2009.

1. EmptyHandGuy

EmptyHandGuy Valued Member

Got a copy of your DVD and had a quick look, it's pretty good. One question is there no sound?

2. Pat OMalley

Pat OMalley Valued Member

There should be sound, there is on all the others I have sent out. Double check that you dont have to turn your volume up a bit more, some DVD players need that, I know mine does. If there is till no sound, send it back for me to check and I will get another out to you asap.

Best regards

Pat

3. EmptyHandGuy

EmptyHandGuy Valued Member

Tried it again but this time in my DVD player, works fine!! I was playing the DVD on my laptop at work and didn't get any sound so must be a problem with that then.

4. shootodog

shootodog restless native

the word "kata" is used. but is it "kata"

sayaw is a dance that utilises the movements and techniques of the system but has no pre-arranged format. this empowers/ forces the practitioner to practice the other important aspect of fma which is "flow" or agos. this also could mean "anything goes".

5. tumbador

tumbador New Member

Last edited: Mar 12, 2009
  6. tim_stl

tim_stl Valued Member

in the garimot system, we have forms which are just the counters practiced in sequence alone. i've found that it acts as a catalog for the concepts, but more importantly, it trains the system of movement that is integral to the system. we also have weapon drawing techniques that could be seen as forms, although they are not rigid in what techniques they contain. then there are the moro-moro batalyas, which can be done alone but are more often performed with a partner. more like sayaw.

who was your cinco/siete instructor?

tim