Forgive me for this proud dad moment

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Xue Sheng, Dec 17, 2018.

1. Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng All weight is underside

After 7 years of training, my youngest got her 6th kyu in Aikido.

Her Sempai told the Sensei of the school, who was also there, that the 6th kyu kids test is harder than the 5th kyu adult test. I believe he is following the Aikikai standards, but I am not 100% sure about that.

The Sensei of the School, her Sempai and all of the adult Aikidoist there were very impressed with her test. The Sensei also said that she could pass the adult 5th kyu test if she was taking it. Later her Ssmpai told me he was not sure if Sensei was actually pushing for her to take the 5th kyu test at that moment or not, but he did not pursue it because my youngest was rather tired after the 6th kyu test.

I am a rather proud dad at the moment. She has worked hard for 7 years to get here. Now based on her belt and her age, there is no more kids class, she is all adult class from this point on.

I want to mention this as well. My youngest told me after the test she liked working with adults better than working with kids, because adults make it harder to do the moves, kids fall to soon.

Brigid, Monkey_Magic, pgsmith and 8 others like this.
  2. bassai

bassai onwards and upwards ! Moderator Supporter

That’s great, hopefully she keeps her enthusiasm up and carries on kicking it (or at least tenkaning it ;))

Xue Sheng likes this.
  3. cloudz

cloudz Valued Member

Nice work, well done.

Xue Sheng likes this.
  4. Alansmurf

Alansmurf Aspire to Inspire before you Expire Supporter

Fantastic

Xue Sheng likes this.
  5. aikiMac

aikiMac aikido + boxing = very good Moderator Supporter

::applause:: Woot! :D Like they say, a black belt is just a white belt who didn't quit!

Xue Sheng likes this.
  6. Mitlov

Mitlov Shiny

Great job! And nothing wrong with proud dad moments. My two sons (twelve and none) train at the same school I do.

Monkey_Magic and Xue Sheng like this.
  7. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

That's great, and her attitude is spot on!

Monkey_Magic and Xue Sheng like this.
  8. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

If we can't be proud of our kids what can we be proud of?
    Well done to mini-xue sheng.

Mitlov and Xue Sheng like this.