for those who watch The Walking dead

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by roninmaster, Oct 3, 2012.

1. roninmaster

roninmaster be like water

what is t-dog's purpose. i have no clue at all. he just sorta stands around. every single character has had tons of devolopment besides him.

rich of course having to come to grips with this new world in season1 the finding a reason to go on, so he can become a good leader in season 2. then having the conflict of doing what he feels will best for the team over what he feels is morally right.

shane's depiction of what a man can become when there are no longer rules to govern oneself. and when someone loses all humanity left.

dale being the voice of humanity and whats right, or where they came from.
    Andrea representing someone who goes through such problem and becomes stronger from it.

Even glen who must face insecurities to grow up and save those he cares for, and carl being that innocence of a peaceful time they came from reason they keep fighting.

then theres T-dog....who represents...the token black guy?:confused:
    am I missing another key feature of him?

2. Ular Sawa

Ular Sawa Valued Member

Not having read any of The Walking Dead, I guess we have to wait for Season 3. I think Daryl's brother, Merle, is supposed to be back so that could create an interesting dynamic for T-Dog since he lost the key.

3. Chimpcheng

Chimpcheng Yup... Giant cow head... Supporter

I'm not fully up to date with reading The Walking Dead (I've discovered Swamp Thing and I'm trying to get through that), but I'm fairly sure that T-Dogg isn't a character in the comic book series - unless someone can correct me - I think he is a character created for the show..,

4. Mangosteen

Mangosteen Hold strong not

He's token.

Laurie (ricks wife) has no purpose except to be whinny.

When she was at camp she would tell everyone to do things and then do nothing herself. Can't wait till she gets eat.

5. John R. Gambit

John R. Gambit The 'Rona Wrangler

Laurie has a purpose. She's the slutty female promoting conflict between two males. Even though it's not fair to call her particular character slutty because she was manipulated into sleeping with Shane under false pretenses. But that is still her role, loosely speaking.

And OMG is Season 3 off to a good start! Episode 1 was tense!

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 18, 2012
  6. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

Episode 3 was frantically paced! Loved every second of it!

7. AndrewTheAndroid

AndrewTheAndroid A hero for fun.

Of which season?????

8. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

Episode 1 of season 3 that should say! Damn this keyboard!!!

9. Mangosteen

episode 1 was insane.

10. Ular Sawa

Ular Sawa Valued Member

Indeed it was. The beginning was crazy and the end of the episode was even crazier and the whole thing could best be characterized by the final two words spoken in the episode.....

11. AndrewTheAndroid

What's the little blonde girls purpose? I can't even think of her name.

12. Mangosteen

herschels daughter?

13. AndrewTheAndroid

Yes, that's the one.

14. Mangosteen

carl has crush.
    she'll prolly die

15. Chimpcheng

Chimpcheng Yup... Giant cow head... Supporter

Hey all, no one is guilty of this yet, but if what you post is going to give away plot points, please remember to use the spoiler tags.

I'm just about done with Season 2 (been busy with a ton of other shows) and should be all caught up on Seaon 3 by the end of the weekend. :D

Thanks all. :)

16. John R. Gambit

Season 3 episode 3 was AMAZING! SO GOOD! If you haven't watched it yet, check it out, you won't be sorry. It's a very eventful episode.

17. Caleb Demarais

Caleb Demarais Valued Member

I'm in love with Mishon. She a total ninjer, yo.

18. flaming

flaming Valued Member

Kind of off topic but metaphors to do with zombies are a load of BS. And yeah this seasons making the series worth picking up again anyone who stopped watching it.

19. Mangosteen

She used to be a collegiate fencer and law student - apparently it translates to katana expertise

im glad the show is getting crazy like the comic.

dale died waaaay waaaay waaaay too early though, but i think that was so they'd have space for daryl (not in comic) who has taken on a lot of the traits and thoughts of dale cos they were close

20. John R. Gambit

Yeah, she's a great new character. I hope she lasts a long time. She's not one of those soft, city-slicker characters like most of the OGs. She's all rough edges. My kinda lady.