For the Sake of Clarification

Discussion in 'Jeet Kune Do' started by Vajrayana, Mar 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. m1k3jobs

m1k3jobs Dudeist Priest

He breathed through a hole in the top of his head?

2. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

I get the tiger cage thing!

You wait until you're let out! :D

3. Oddsbodskins

Oddsbodskins Troll hunter 2nd Class

And then maul the guy who let you out and pretend it wasn't just a cheap suckerpunch?

4. Mangosteen

Mangosteen Hold strong not

neither you or i would willingly give up mount chadderz. unless it was to take the back.
    would armbar or beat his noggin than let him out

5. m1k3jobs

m1k3jobs Dudeist Priest

I prefer hold down his arms and spit in his mouth. When I was a kid that was the ultimate playground victory. :evil:

6. Pat OMalley

Pat OMalley Valued Member

I prefer to drop the Glasgow kiss on them (headbutt) but then i'm just a Govan boy at heart ;)

7. m1k3jobs

m1k3jobs Dudeist Priest

No headbutts for me. I bleed like a stuck pig and always come out at least looking the worse.

8. Pat OMalley

What dropping the nut, laughing and snarling whilst bleeding on them? Oh yeah. Now that realy scares the bejabers out of them and their mates around them.

Theres a lot to be said for looking like a crazed fruit cake ;)

9. Pat OMalley

I'm very much into utilising phycology and body language in a scrap and when i teach.

10. Mangosteen

Mangosteen Hold strong not

no that guy who squinted in every movie like a dolphin.
    you know...

mr. bruce willis

[​IMG]

11. Oddsbodskins

Zaad...I'm starting to think that wasn't a dolphin you had that magical watery adventure with mate...

12. Mharewood

Mharewood Valued Member

Guess what? yOUR gREAT gREAT gREAT gREAT gRANDFATHER might have been a much better fighter than you will ever be no matter how much more fashionable or up to date you think the styles you practice in are now. If you understood Bruces JKD you'd realise its not about styles or fashion! its about approaching a problem intelligently! That's why it is always valid. That's why the likes of you will never understand it. its no wonder you are a pushover for ignorance that is being sold as jkd now. The tools selected in most arnis or at least the way i've seen most of it taught does not comply to this approach. but even if it did then that's all the credit to the arnis practitioner who did it that way. Doesn't make it JKD

13. Mharewood

Mharewood Valued Member

You are a CON-cept guy because just like other CON-cept guys you teach styles OR ELEMENTS of styles! A true JKDer doesn't care about STYLES A true JKDer cares about finding solutions!
    You are CONcepts because you've been breast fed with that CONcepts Bullcrap from the first day you were exposed to it.(which is now just MMA with the addition of cold weopon styles)
    You are coNcept because at one end you teach an art like Kali which emphasises the strong side forward but for empty hands you teach techniques from boxing and muaythai which have different structures.

You are a CONCept guy because like Hannibal your idea of JKD is that nonesense about looking at several arts to find the COMMON STRING. All you need to look at is Bruce Lees tools to see there is only one COMMON STRING ..that is COMMON SENSE!
    unfortunately from what I can see in this forum "sense" isn't that "common"

14. Mharewood

Mharewood Valued Member

Laugh away. I'll train at it and continue to believe in it. because it certainly has made more sense that anything you have contested it with.

15. Oddsbodskins

Whelp, credit where credits due, whoever teaches you, they've certainly got your loyalty.

16. Mharewood

Mharewood Valued Member

Chi sao was out soon as bruce lee met Kareem he saw how pointless it was. Stop making me sound like the fool you've been made by these fake JKD groups

17. Mharewood

Mharewood Valued Member

Another attempt ! I actually think for myself. but I don't expect you to believe that

18. Mharewood

Mharewood Valued Member

and NOT Intercepting. unless you trap hard enough to break his ribs with his own arm

19. Oddsbodskins

Your answers seem rote, your retorts premanufactured. I hope you'll understand my skepticism.

20. Mharewood

Mharewood Valued Member

THAT IS A FOOLISH THING TO SAY BECAUSE MANY PEOPLE GET ATTACKED BECAUSE OF THEIR ETHNIC BACKGROUND OR BAD WORKING LOCATION OR HOURS. AND I'M SURPRISED FOR SOMEONE WHO HAS BEEN IN THE ARMED FORCES PREVIOUSLY IT DOESN'T OCCUR TO YOU THAT SOME PEOPLE ARE READY TO FIGHT FOR OTHERS THEY CARE ABOUT

and I still stand by what I say that JKD gives me a much better chance of surviving than your grappling skills. so twist up the argument all you want. I submitted an competing MMA guy in Hong Kong on my 3rd lesson. Chees I must have got lucky

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.