For the Sake of Clarification

Discussion in 'Jeet Kune Do' started by Vajrayana, Mar 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ap Oweyn

ap Oweyn Ret. Supporter

You know, I screw up that saying every time. :D

In my defense, I'm actually from England. Then Maryland. And I now live close enough to Maryland and DC that I could hit them with a frisbee from here. ;)

2. Pat OMalley

Pat OMalley Valued Member

And your JKD will get you backside kicked too, better be good at your knife skills though...

But what do I know I was only brought up in the Gangs in the East End of Glasgow (Govan and Preisthill) and the Gangs in the East End of London (Hackney namely Dalston and Hoxton). That was my training ground son and I can tell you from first hand expeariance, you try and use your Pure JKD on those boy and your as good as a dead man walking.

Like I said Bad Boys Train too.

And your using the East End of Glasgow as if its a superior training ground for your Pure JKD stuff, lets just say there is an East End of Glasgow in every major city around the world Glasgow does not have the monopoly on violent places to be brought up in, I would love to take you on a trip to Tondo in Manila (yes I have been there) and Carbon Market in Cebu (Been there many times too), it would make the East End of Glasgow, the East End of London, Carson in LA (yeah been there too) and the dark side of New York look like a kiddies playground. It would make Belfast and LondonDerry (yep been there as well, dam I get about a bit) in its hayday look like a walk in the park. Try using your Pure JKD in those places??? Now that I would pay to watch. And if you think Kali - Eskrima - Arnis contradicts JKD you better be ready to get contradicted and watch all your Pure JKD get packed away and pummeled into a nice little package.

So please dont try to use areas of a city to try to make your point because I can counter that argument all day long with places that are far worse.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2012
  3. Pat OMalley

So now can we assume your from Glasgow? As you seem to like using it as an example? Yes - No?

And I'm still waiting for the answer to my other question, which of my students have you trained with to make the assumption I dont teach JKD and what they do is not JKD, mind you it probably isnt like I said I dont teach it openly anyway. So come on who are they?

Oh let me think?

Yep I know?

None of them....

4. m1k3jobs

m1k3jobs Dudeist Priest

Isn't just the cities either. I met some country boys when I was serving in the US Marine Corps that I wouldn't want to mess with either. You get to meet and live with all sorts of interesting people in the Marines.

5. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

But that's just reality and experience again so why should that make any difference to how we train? :evil:

6. 47MartialMan

47MartialMan Valued Member

Are you his father? (*Darth Vader voice and breathing sound)

7. 47MartialMan

How about "Empty My Cappuccino"?

8. 47MartialMan

He would rather light a candle and sit on it :rolleyes:

9. Mangosteen

Mangosteen Hold strong not

also
    CAKE

10. Pat OMalley

So Mharewood when yo say Kali condradicts JKD dont you actually mean FMA counters your Pure JKD? ;)

11. 47MartialMan

Hmmmn,

If someone is doing "Pure JKD", then they should not be training in anything else with it:rolleyes:

12. Hannibal

If someone is doing "pure JKD" they are talking out their bum

13. Pat OMalley

Or is he saying
    Just
    Kidding
    Dan
    :rolleyes:

14. 47MartialMan

Who is Dan?

Just
    Kidding
    Dude
    :rolleyes:

15. Hannibal

Insosanto - go and say 10 "Hail Bruce's" for not knowing that

16. 47MartialMan

Yes. I knew the DI

Do I genuflect when saying the "Hail Bruces"?

17. Hannibal

No - you must make catcalls in between though

18. 47MartialMan

No the cat calls are to be done before and with the hands positioning (almost like the sign of a crucifix)

19. Mharewood

Mharewood Valued Member

Its not JKD that will help me its how I train it and learn it!

That's exactly why anticipation & awareness are things we train.

and once again you'd be right! THAT'S WHY I SAY YOUR GRAPPLING SKILLS WON'T DO YOU NO GOOD

Good advice then also to give someone who teaches weopons like pat. Forget the weopons and stay out of trouble?? PLEASE!

Yes I am actually that's part of learning martial arts. But everyone u are thanking here is saying that you cannot predict things so why u are talking all this nonesense is beyond my understanding? Act your age!

20. Mharewood

Mharewood Valued Member

if you have any legitimate JKD training you will see that some of the stuff taught in Kali actually contradicts JKD. The weaving and slipping is more linear in JKD and not side

to side like in boxing or panantukan. Also gunting for example. you have to train to have super human abilities in order to be able to pull one of those off everytime. Being

caught on the funny elbow is not so Funny either. the fact is no one can and if they could then the more direct way is to punch the opponents nose in and water their eyes up

while you control their limb. a better option for the JKDer is to cut their tool.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.