for k-1 fans...

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by saikyou, May 13, 2004.

?

agree or disagree?

1. i agree

13 vote(s)
    17.8%
  2. i disagree

28 vote(s)
    38.4%
  3. who cares?

32 vote(s)
    43.8%
  1. saikyou

saikyou New Member

got this from www.sherdog.com

May 12, 2004
    Boxing’s Jose Sulaiman, the president of the scandalous World Boxing Council, erupted in anger when he heard that Mike Tyson had signed on to fight in K-1. He sent out some ignorant statement claiming that K-1 is an organization with no rules and has fighters with no skills.

He said that K-1’s fights take humanity back to the days of the gladiators where the winner escaped with only his life. His statement ripped apart K-1 and the rest of the MMA world, an opinion obviously devoid of intellect.

do you agree or disagree?

2. semphoon

semphoon walk idiot, walk.

Disagree.

The guy clearly has never seen a K1 competition. And if he has, then he must very very very very stupid.

Hey...you dont think he could just be bitter, do you?

*EDIT

WHOOPS

I voted who cares.

Last edited: May 13, 2004
  3. Sever

Sever Valued Member

Disagree vehermently. I'm going to respectfully disagree with Semphoon though: I think he probably has seen a K-1 match and, much like the boxing governing bodies did at the UFC's beginning, he's lashing out in the press to get the righteous indignation lot on his side. That'll come in handy for when the boxing groups decide it's time to ban it in the states, and they'll probably try if K-1 do more than one show a year over there. They've hounded the UFC out of most of the states

4. saikyou

saikyou New Member

just like what semphoon said, he could just be bitter. he said that k-1 has fighters with no skills huh? that's one big LIE. cro cop, ernesto hoost, peter aerts, musashi, etc. they're one of the best in the business. i totally disagree with his words.

5. Sever

Sever Valued Member

My mistake. I interpreted that to mean the guy was bitter due to missing out on his cut of the ear-biting cash cow's next match. Tyson may not be a patch on his former self, but he still draws big.
    As for no skills in K-1? Ridiculous. That man should be forced to watch Remy Bonjaski or any of the other great fighters the company have. Even Bob Sapp is developing some skills!

6. toothpaste100

toothpaste100 Banned In 60 Seconds

I hope if you agree with this your just joking...

7. saikyou

saikyou New Member

yeah. well, as of now, the majority said that they disagree. im really happy with this. IMO, that comment is the result of pure frustration.

8. Samurai_24

Samurai_24 self-own3d

The only reason you're getting anyone agreeing with this is because the poll is on the front page, and allowing people to vote without seeing what the question is! I didn't know I could click on the title at first, so I just clicked "agree" and hit submit. Then I read it and went "Oh crap."