Flat earthers?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Dead_pool, Mar 26, 2017.

1. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

Because from your lack of high school science ability, and your text speak, I think youve probobly not finished your schooling yet, as such I would approach the subject a bit differently then an adult who was willfully ignorant.

Stay in school kids!

Edit also the anti semetic stuff is really really bad to be spreading. Hopefully you are young so you grow out of it.
    Otherwise you'll miss out on a lot of good experiences meeting people from different backgrounds.

"Infinite Diversity in Infinite Combination" is a wonderful thing!

Van Zandt and Hannibal like this.
  2. David Harrison

David Harrison MAPper without portfolio

Whoa! The Flat Earth Society is fake, to hide the truth about the flat earth from us?

It's turtles all the way down!

It would be really fun if people weren't stupid enough to believe it.

axelb, Dead_pool and Hannibal like this.
  3. axelb

axelb Master of Office Chair Fu

I feel like I just walked back into the house to find the rooms turned upside down and the dog in the corner looking all submissive!
    Anyway, forget flat earth, what about flat death Star?

Attached Files:

4. aaradia

aaradia Choy Li Fut and Yang Tai Chi Chuan Student Moderator Supporter

Mod note: recent sidetracking of a thread moved here- to the more appropriate forum thread.

5. Morik

Morik Well-Known Member Supporter MAP 2017 Gold Award

New Survey Finally Explains the Real Reason There Are So Many Flat-Earthers

"
    psychologist Michael Wood: according to him, many flat Earth YouTubers and videos explicitly say that "they find it more appalling to believe in the universe as a huge, uncaring place, and that it seems more reasonable to imagine Earth was made for humans like a perfect snow globe."
    "

"one of the speakers at this year's Flat Earth conference, Rob Skiba, claims that NASA's motivation for supplying the public with false information about Earth's roundness is to cause people to disbelieve in God: "The bigger picture many of us have come to believe is hiding God. To me, that would be the ultimate motivation.""

So turns out Round Earth is a conspiracy whose goal is to cause disbelief in God.

Dead_pool, Giovanni and axelb like this.
  6. Giovanni

Giovanni Well-Known Member Supporter

if you watch the eddie bravo and eddie dubay video on youtube, dubay says as much that a round earth and expanding universe means no god and no special creation. and also, on his site, he blames the jews. because apparently the jews want us to not believe in god and that we're special for their own jew reasons of world domination or something. you have to get down to like reason 190 of 200 to finally get to the jews, but it's there.

200 PROOF EARTH NOT A SPINNING BALL

sad stuff.

Dead_pool likes this.
  7. Dead_pool

Oh dear, proof that competence in one discipline doesn't always carry over to another discipline.

If you think about the, some of the guys that got good at BJJ back in the day, did it by sacking off school/college/work etc and spending a lot of time training, which generally means theyve not had as much education as they could off.

Giovanni and axelb like this.
  8. Giovanni

i think it's about more than education. i think it's about using what we already have, our brains.

9. Dead_pool

I've just been reading the tenth planet forums, as well as flat earth, some of them Also think hollow earth is a real thing, as well as the moon being hollow, with mind controlling reptiles in it.........

Drugs are bad kids.... m'kay!

axelb likes this.
  10. Grond

Grond Valued Member

Forums are a kind of dying breed for this reason, social media forums like Twitter are so active and the vitriol is the same or worse, it makes people more likely to register a Twitter handle than a new forum user. Forums have rules and moderators, but many people who come to the Web to post questionable things don't want rules or moderation, they want to say what they want and be supported no matter how crazy their ideas might seem. If you want to get your denial-this or hoax-that on, it's way easier to use those platforms than one like this site, a general info and discussion site where you might actually be moderated upon if you engage in vile behavior. So why would the average angry young man or woman or other Web nasty maintain a forum identity and follow anyone's rules, and struggle to stay on topic when on Twitter, any identity or topic goes any time and there is little to no real moderation, at least not until very recently. Or do what some of the most egregious racist trolls have done and built their own social media platforms and forums dedicated to their ire.

Web forums unless they have a clearly defined mission and moderation generally seem to be about the worst place to find reasonable people or ideas, unless its an enthusiast site devoted to some fact-based topic like electronics or mechanics. Most controversial topics, especially politics, and most especially the politics of denying something (infinite examples of that) seem to have this ability to virally corrupt people's thought processes. Cult mentality or whatever you want to call, it, first they graciously redefine your definitions for you, and then shovel on the doubt about what you already thought you knew (even if that was something as simple as 1+1=2), until you have fully given in your surrender to the puppet master promoting the idea(s). Flat Earth believers aren't really the worst of the bunch in my opinion, they don't seem to be up to no good other than polluting web sites. A Pizzagate believer on the other hand assaulted a restaurant, Birthers have been known to run for political office, and there seems to be no end to the number of people trolling the surviving Parkland kids because they covet pro-2A news media.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2018
    Giovanni likes this.
  11. Whit

Whit Valued Member

I for one am sick of having to debunk peoples half baked theories on hollywood elites secretly being Moloch worshipers and using backwards logic and texas sharpshooting to prove that Moloch worship is still happening.

12. Giovanni

the pizzagate thing is still very active, by the way. like you all are saying, you can debunk this thing a million times and it will never go away.

i'm pretty sure isaac newton debunked flat earth and albert einstein put a nail in that coffin, but somehow it still lives.

i really wish i could meet a flat-earther frankly so i can talk to them. i scared off an anti-vaxxer, which was actually awesome.

Grond and Dead_pool like this.
  13. Whit

Whit Valued Member

I have, you really really really really dont they are insufferable.

axelb and pgsmith like this.
  14. Morik

Morik Well-Known Member Supporter MAP 2017 Gold Award

Dead_pool likes this.
  15. Grond

Grond Valued Member

A friend sent me a picture they took the other day of a minivan with not one, but two EARTH IS FLAT bumper stickers on top of one another, as if to suggest it was truthier than science. Let me see if I can upload the pic.

16. Grond

Grond Valued Member

17. El Medico

El Medico Valued Member

If we eliminate those with "religious" reasons for supporting this I wonder how many other folks say this just because they don't remember their natural history from school?

In the same light as forgetting what they were taught in sciences I wonder how many people asked by the roving reporter would know who died first, Napoleon or Julius Caesar?

One must remember that many people don't trouble themselves about such academic concerns.It's not like dinosaurs or the Caesars have much conscious impact on their lives-even if they use petroleum products daily and live under precedents of Roman law.

Dead_pool likes this.
  18. Giovanni

i mean come on dude, everyone knows who died first.

napoleon

El Medico likes this.
  19. Knee Rider

Knee Rider Valued Member Supporter

20. Grond

Grond Valued Member

Two words bud: Tide pods.