Fixed

Discussion in 'Injuries and Prevention' started by Mushroom, Oct 3, 2018.

1. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

So, I been away from MAP. Mostly lots of things going on (as some will know). Starting a new art, focusing more and learning more.

My main trait on MAP is discussing my various and multiple injuries. Particularly me knee. Something I have been dealing with for 10 years.
    I am stubborn. For example, I broke my hand and went into work 2 days later.
    Had a neck injury, got a massage and cracked on with life. Tore a ligament in my wrist at an open mat, went back to training a week later all strapped up.
    I'm not saying I'm tough, just saying I'm not the kind to sit there and feel sorry for myself.

Finally, after a simple fall of all things. The knee went, and a year later I've had ACL reconstruction.

And I'm going mad. But also happy that I don't need to deal with any longer is the knee locking up, weird sharp pains, loud snaps when I get up, competing at about 60% cos Im always thinking about the knee.

I sometimes think, maybe I shouldve done this 5years ago.. All I want to do is get right back up and do some squats...or convince my self that a light drill at class will be fine.

But for once in my life, I guess I'm making the sensible decision. I know I gotta do the re-hab. I sure as hell got the pre-hab done as I got pretty healthy for it. Still 90kg but a leaner 90kg.

Personal good shout out to Ben Gash and also LFD for the advice. They know their stuff and after the Dr prescribed NHS physio I will be having a quick visit to LFDs practice. Who for the last few MAP meets have been kind enough to fix me up.

TL;DR

Dont be me. Fix yourself up. Future you will be happier for it.

Frodocious, axelb, Dead_pool and 2 others like this.