First Class

Discussion in 'Tai chi' started by phatfire, Aug 5, 2006.

1. phatfire

phatfire New Member

I just went to my first class of Tai Chi....... :eek: ...Sifu Moy opened my eyes to something. I first saw Tai Chi as an art only studied by old hippies with long hair in the park. Well Sifu Moy blew that out of my head. I do understand that the water down versians of Tai Chi are out there. Buthe hasn't watered anything down from what I can tell. He showed me the martial aspect of the Tai Chi Chuan, which I have never seen. I do like the thought of health benefits but that comes secondary to what he is teaching. I now have been looking at vids of Tai Chi online and now I think this is for me. I prefer the redirection of the art to more of a MT or Karate stye. So now I am open to more things. And I can't wait to go to my next class. :D

2. broomboy

broomboy Valued Member

welcome to the darkside

3. phatfire

phatfire New Member

Glad to join..... :D

4. piratebrido

piratebrido internet tough guy

Yeah, quite a few young hippies take it too, not just old! :D

5. Qasim

Qasim Valued Member

Great news! What style of Tai Chi are you taking?

6. traditionalist

traditionalist New Member

i love tai-chi...it's a perfect foil to goju training

7. kickgirl

kickgirl New Member

Welcome to the MA world, i'm sure you'll be as addicted as the rest of us!

8. wonk

wonk Valued Member

9. phatfire

phatfire New Member

I am studying Yang Style Tai Chi. Also he throws in some Bagua and Hsing Yi at latter levels. I am glad that I have found him. Showed me something new, which I am always welcome to.

Question: Does anyone know of a good Tai Chi place in Las Vegas NV? I might be moving to there in the near future and I want to be able to continue..If I can't there is a place Called Desert Wind Dojo... the focus on Aikido, JJJ, Iaido, and Kendo.....http://www.desertwindmartialarts.com/...this is that dojo....Anyone have anythoughts on them...like I said this is my second choice....hopefully I can find an Internal CMA teacher in Las Vegas...Thank you guys for the help...

Last edited: Aug 7, 2006
  10. wonk

wonk Valued Member