Finnair

Discussion in 'Ninjutsu' started by kouryuu, Jun 4, 2009.

1. kouryuu

kouryuu Kouryuu

Finnair are doing a good price on flights to japan for next year at the moment, has anyone flown with them?, are they any good or are they a bit like Aeroflot?, i'd appreciate any experiences with them.

2. Terrior

Terrior Valued Member

Hey Norm hope you and everyone at your dojo are well, I miss the place a fair bit actually but being back in Oz training with Ed is not a bad place to be either! You should come down sometime :cool:

I've flown Finnair before, mind you it was about 4 years ago now. I didnt have a problem with them back then. Nothing stood out to me as things to watch out for they seem like a pretty typical airline. I would fly with them again if I was going from London to Tokyo, especially on some of the prices I've seen advertised in the past. My memory of the details is non existent though so maybe some other people can chime in with some more useful info.

Dan

3. skuggvarg

skuggvarg Valued Member

Finnair has good service and is definitely not an "aeroflot" company. For crying out loud, its Finland not Russia we are talking about :hat: They have been focusing on Asian destinations for awhile now.

Best regards / Skuggvarg

4. kouryuu

kouryuu Kouryuu

Excellent guys, thanks for the info, Finnair coming up.

Hey Dan, glad everything's going well down under and i'd love to come to Oz

5. kouryuu

kouryuu Kouryuu

Just booked Finnair to japan for next april, £478, excellent

6. Kogusoku

Kogusoku 髭また伸びた! Supporter

I have used Finnair to go to Japan in the past. I liked their service, it was very good value for money. The only thing I didn't like was the 2 hour stop over at Helsinki waiting for the connecting flight. Direct, from door to door, my travelling takes me 15 hour as it is with a direct flight and commutation.

It's great if you're on a budget.

I usually travel with Virgin. It's more expensive, but the service and entertainment systems can't be beat.

7. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

They've recently launched a massive campaign here in Asia. 'Europes fastest flight to Asia' or something like that. :D

Hmmm... wonder if they do fly faster. I mean does that pilot think 'Christ got to live up to the marketing... better step on it!' :D

8. Morra

Morra Valued Member

They keep playing those commercials over and over, and they are annoying. They have a different scenario, but the same ending. The underling is mocking his boss in the office, then it cuts to the boss opening the office door, early because he used Finn Air.

"Verrrrrry good. What are you doing? I should tell you next time I fly Finn Air."

AARGH!

9. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

Yes! They bought a massive block of advertising slot on the BBC. So I can barely get through two minutes without seeing one. Annoying.

What's even worse is the production value on the commercial is slightly off. Good gag... decent writing... but the joke wears thin after the first five times it loses it's ability to make you chuckle. They also need to cast the same gag, same scenario but with different actors... the same two guys over and over doesn't help them at all - also the pacing on the joke is a tad off. :(

10. Morra

Morra Valued Member

Yep, and what I hate the most is the awkward cut to the one ending no matter what the previous gag was, sometimes their expressions don't match what just happened.

Heck, maybe it is a good campaign, we're talking about it! :hat:

11. kouryuu

kouryuu Kouryuu

Me too Steve, i have for the past 5 years but the price at the moment is £825 so Finnair looks a good deal at nearly half the price.