Fighting games for XBOx?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Jesse@RTKD, Jul 19, 2005.

1. Jesse@RTKD

Jesse@RTKD New Member

I was recently given an Xbox....any good fighting games for it yet?

2. RR1

RR1 Man Who Would Be Pharoh

DOA3 and DOA Ultimate are absolute must haves
    especially DOA Ultimate if you have Xbox Live

3. Tribalweapon

Tribalweapon Valued Member

Dead or Alive
    Soul Caliber
    Street Fighter Anniversary
    Guilty Gear

and some more that I don't know of

4. rtkd-badger

rtkd-badger Fundimentaly Manipulated

No X BOX
    Train real time ;)

5. PsiCop

PsiCop Antonio gets the women...

The DOA games (Ultimate if you have Live).

Also check out Marvel Vs. Capcom 2, if you can find it.

Street Fighter Anniversary Collection is nice as well.

6. KenpoDavid

KenpoDavid Working Title

Tao Feng is also good.

But I agree, better to be training your whole body to fight, not just your thumbs.

7. MaS_OyaMa

MaS_OyaMa New Member

Street Fighter Anniversary is good!

Also try Capcom vs. SNK 2 for the XBOX....
    I got it for PS2- but on XBOX, it has LIVE!

Or like Badger said- train real time!

8. Lord_Vorac

Lord_Vorac New Member

Theres always Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance, or better still is MK: Deception. Plenty of good butt kicking, and gut wrenching, action there.

9. PsiCop

Yeah, the Mortal kombat games will kill a weekend or two at least.

10. tekkengod

tekkengod the MAP MP

Fighting games for the X-Box? thats supposed to be a joke right?

DOA = Rock Paper Scissors.

SC 2 = beats DOA, but....well.....just.....no

anything 2D = very ugly and repetatively narrow minded gameplay options.

you have Hwoarang as your avatar, so clearly you know what a fighting game should be.

Tekken 5 = Problem solved.

11. Jesse@RTKD

Jesse@RTKD New Member

Haha beleive me im more into real training than video games..im a black belt.

When i started Tae Kwon do Tekken 3 just came out and my mate had it so i used to play it at their house, but that was years ago. I want some good fighting games coz i was given an X-box and i have lots of free time atm.

I will pick up DOA3 soon coz i heard thats a good one, more realistic and technical i think, still..tekken is awsome, i heard it MIGHT come out on X-box.

12. RR1

RR1 Man Who Would Be Pharoh

Exactly!

if the problem is you dont own DOA :D

13. tekkengod

tekkengod the MAP MP

then get tekken 5. if you don't have a PS2 then, wow. you are in deep crap. Tekken isn't going to x-box. never gonna happen .

14. LiaoRouxin

LiaoRouxin Valued Member

My god, would you just shut up about Tekken for five seconds? I'm sorry that you're permanently affixed to your PS2, but that doesn't mean it's some sort of divine being.

Answer:
    Dead or Alive
    Soul Calibur
    Capcom 2D Fighters
    Shenmue 2

15. PsiCop

Well said, man. *pats shoulder*

16. soon

soon New Member

JADE EMPIRE!!!!

Ok, so not a fighty game as such but.... Hidden Fist Style? Thousand Cuts Style? White Dragon Style? Add to this dual axes, tai chi sword, staff..... Its great. A bit short, but fantastic!!!

Combat system is good, breaking out the Gung Fu is awesome!

http://content.bioware.com/jadeempire/jadeempire_martial_320x240.wmv

17. Mitsurigi

Mitsurigi New Member

Jade Empire
    Shenmue 2
    Mortal Kombat Deadly Alliance
    Mortal Kombat Deception
    Street Fighter Anniversary
    DOA Ultimate
    Soul Calibur 2
    Tenchu Return from Darkness
    Capcom Fighting Evolution
    Samurai Warriors
    Sudeki
    Dynasty Warriors 4
    Kung Fu Chaos
    Ninja Gaiden
    Prince of Persia Warrior Within

18. geves

geves Valued Member

too bad most of those are action games.

xbox doesn't really have any credible fighting games. DOA most would call a rock paper blah blah piece of crap. and i personally would have to agree. it's shiny though isn't it. :love:

the only reason i own a PS2 is because xbox has nothing to offer for fighters.
    BUT.. they do get awesome 2D titles. sony stated that they'd never sign 2D titles (even though they lied). but if your looking for fighters. PS2 is the way to go. personally i hate 3D fighters. but if you like them than PS2 is the way to go.

does anyone know if the street fighter aniversary collection includes the movie (with blood) ? cuz i already own the edited version (without blood).
    and i want to own the bloody version. :D

if you want fighters for the xbox your only choice is 2D. unless you want the much overrated soul caliber 2 (a fighter that;s a dreamcast rehash) part 3 will be the same. crappy soul caliber. god i can't put into words why it sucks.

but i'll give it a try: it's a P.O.S. rehash that took loyal fans (me in the past) and released it on Popular consoles with ZERO innovation. they should've just called it "soul caliber" cuz i own the same exact game on dreamcast. why this game is popular is beyond me. it's a good game don't get me wrong. but it's part 1 with a 2 thrown in front of it. most people would agrue that it has gimmicky platform charcters in it (link, some guy from a crappy comic, and some guy from a totally different fighting game that isn't unique or great...just a way for namco to give their franchise a boost).

(enter story mode) i once had an idiot person working at EB try to sell this game to me. (while i was buying splinter cell...a totally different genre) not only was this a stupid move. but she actually wanted me to buy this game OVER splinter cell. not "buy this game too" but "put that game away and buy this one". needless to say she was a fool. and probably only played 5 games in her life, most likely forced by her boyfriend (or one of them). why did i think she was an idiot offering me rubbish? was it becuase she was a girl?
    yeah that was part of it. because she was a girl and not pitching me a final fantasy title. i knew she was pitching a crappy "everyone can play" game. i'm not saying girls know nothing about video games. (wait...yes i am). :D
    this girl got under my skin by pitching a title that plays EXACTLY like the dreamcast version. plus she was an idiot. too bad she still works there cuz she's a slut and makes awkward teenagers feel good about themselves.
    (she works at knoxville, tennessee's EAST town mall, if you want to check out her retardeness first hand. she'll be hitting on you, and she's like 14 (lol).)
    where was I? oh yeah soul caliber sucks. NEVER pitch that crappy game on these forums. NEVER. *end pointless rant.

people. just buy a dreamcast. it has GREAT games. i'll give you a good website and info. :Angel:
    too bad it died it was probably the best console of this generation. (like bob marley, cept it was white and not a human being).

soul caliber 2 was just a ploy by namco to give people a chance to buy soul caliber 1. too bad it's on the cover of the new EGM.... it better be a REAL sequel.

19. tekkengod

tekkengod the MAP MP

GEVES! where the hell ya been man? of course you can't put into words why soul caliber sucks, you're slow!!! :D

Soul Caliber 2 isn't anything amazing, but its a good middle ground game. looks nice, real smooth transition, plays like a true 3d fighter to the bone. its got enough depth to entertain a semi-intelligent person.
    let me put it this way. its about 5 steps down from Tekken...and....about 8 or 9 steps up from DOA or VF.

BTW. did you catch Gphoria? FYI, God Of War/Halo/Doom/Tekken movies all in production.

EDIT: Now POWERSTONE 2!! that was the only game that made the dreamcast was a worthy system, and a game i sure as hell want to see a sequal to.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2005
  20. geves

geves Valued Member

ya powerstone was a great original game. it damn sure needs a sequel.

Gphoria? nope. they've turned a lame idea into a series. and i stopped watching there :D

i thought i summed up soul caliber 2 pretty well :cry:

4 of those movies WILL suck. ;)
    especially god of war. which i thought was an overratted game. but it was shiny.

EDITTED: cuz i mispelled shiny

you own a DC tekken?

Last edited: Aug 11, 2005