Fight Quest

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by nintyplayer, May 25, 2013.

1. nintyplayer

nintyplayer Valued Member

Anyone here watch Fight Quest? It's all up on Youtube right now. These guys learn the basics from a whole bunch of different styles and then have a short fight with some other people at the end. It's interesting.

2. GoldShifter

GoldShifter The MachineGun Roundhouse

Honestly, I like fight quest better than human weapon, I find the fight quest guys more humble than the guys from human weapon, and more likeable to boot.

3. Grass hopper

Grass hopper Valued Member

I love that show, how do I get that job?

4. bodyshot

bodyshot Brown Belt Zanshin Karate

You just submit your videos to the producers and beg like a little kid for the job, and maybe take a beating to prove your worth, likely a deth match wth jimmy Schmidt:yeleyes:

5. nasigoreng

nasigoreng Valued Member

I enjoyed both shows but the one aspect i never liked was having the "tourists" participate in a competition in the end. Certain episodes modified that -- I think it was HW:Krav Maga and HW: USMC. I appreciated how those challenges were more like situational self defense -- seemed like it was a more honest presentation of the particular styles.

there was a similar show on Discovery channel (?) that featured a French-Canadian woman ... I think the title was "Warrior Journey" or something along those lines. she trained in karate, akido, muay thai, savate, an Indian martial art (kalapaya..whatever) and capoeria.

6. Haakon

Haakon Valued Member

Oh come now, are you telling me you didn't like seeing Bill Duff get knocked out in the TKD episode? :evil:

I enjoyed both shows, but probably liked Fight Quest more than Human Weapon. The Kajukenbo episode was my favorite.

7. Dean Winchester

Dean Winchester Valued Member

It was Deadly Arts.

8. Bozza Bostik

Bozza Bostik Antichrist on Button Moon

There's been a thread about these shows before.

If you can find it with English subs or dubbing, watch the Finnish version, Kill Arman. Personally, it's the best of the lot. It's a little more down to earth than the others...and Arman is ace!

From Wiki:

"Arman Alizad is master tailor, a fashion reporter and a party-animal, who has not done any sports in over 20 years. But in Kill Arman he has to travel to exotic locations around the world, train a different martial art in every episode, and finally fight a master of that martial art."

9. Brixtonbodunwel

Brixtonbodunwel Valued Member

I got the box set of Deadly Arts a while ago, excellent production enjoyed it all espically the Savate. Fight quest was another good production, seen each episode a few times and still watch it via the tube when I get a mo. Will look out for the Arman Alizad. There was another series called Samurai Spirit:Karate, Nicholas Pettas goes to Japan and visits several Karate schools, really good.