favourite all time boxer

Discussion in 'Boxing' started by big e, Nov 19, 2002.

1. DeeTee

DeeTee Valued Member

Ok,

Ali,
    Sugar Ray Leonard,
    Roy Jones Jr

All pure class boxers who could really turn it on when they had to and were / are a pleasure to watch.

I remember having a bet with my Guvnors brother on the Leonard Hagler fight, 20 - 1 that leonard would get it on points. Went in to work the following day never to see him again!

Oh well...

2. Vincenzo

Vincenzo New Member

if i may
    Rocky Marciano
    Thomas "Hitman"Hearns
    Jake Lamotta

3. Vincenzo

Vincenzo New Member

if i may
    Rocky Marciano
    Thomas "Hitman"Hearns
    Jake Lamotta

4. Vincenzo

Vincenzo New Member

sorry about posting that twice ( i'm no computer wiz)

5. KenpoDavid

KenpoDavid Working Title

thase are not who i think is teh best, it's who I like to watch. the list are slightly different...

Roy Jones jr.
    Lennox Lewis
    Arturo Gatti (did you see tha fight in June holy cow!!!)

6. boyforsale

boyforsale New Member

My all time favorite are the Klitchko brothers, mostly Vitali. He is an amazing boxer, can take on anyone.

7. wuchang79

wuchang79 New Member

Okay. . I gotta say ALI too. c'mon watching the man in the ring was pure art! Ali wasn't an athlete. . .he was an Artist (Martial Artist) He used his mind and body in the ring.

TYSON no matter what. I know he can take lewis. during the count he picked his head up @ 6 and then laid back down. He was also pushed to go down, not knocked out. after the 10 count he was up, walking and concious. During the first three rounds Lewis wasn't as confident. When Lewis noticed TYSON wasn't throwing any punches back he got cocky. (watch the tape. ..tyson was dancing, not boxing. You can count how many punches tyson threw in ur head.) The fight was dirty, If had any integrity left and wasn't looking @ the paycheck he would've knoacked Lewis smooth-the-hell-out! TYSON was an Absolute Beast when he's on. No doubt!

Third was SUGAR RAY LEONARD. Roy jones jr came close but his style is too familiar to LEONARD for me. . .SUGAR RAY was poetic. ..speed, power, agility.. . .more than great comboninations.

I've said my peace

8. Ghandi

Ghandi New Member

Muhammed ali was the best ever dont even try and doubt it please!
    Other than that prince Nazeem Hammed(if thats the right spelling) was awesum at his best and for the third ummm probably george foreman or that american guy who won 50 fights in a row.

9. Ziggy_789

Ziggy_789 New Member

I'd have to say Ali, and Joe Louis. Any of those bare knuckle boxers before the queensbury rules would have to be tough SOBs as well:woo:

Last edited: Oct 4, 2003
  10. saikyou

saikyou New Member

ali, tyson, marciano. no need for explanations.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2003
  11. aikiMac

aikiMac aikido + boxing = very good Moderator Supporter

Hard to limit it to 3, but I really like

1) M. Ali (undeniable champion)
    2) Sugar Ray Leonard (personal favorite)
    3) Oscar de la Hoya (awesome fighter)

12. Andy Murray

Andy Murray Sadly passed away. Rest In Peace.

1/ Ali
    2/ Tyson
    3/ Sugar Ray Leonard
    4/ Chris Eubanks
    5/ Jim Watt
    6/ Prince Naseem Ahmed
    7/ George Foreman
    8/ Sugar Ray Robinson
    9/ Frank Bruno
    10/ Nigel Benn

13. sercuerdasfight

sercuerdasfight Valued Member

1. marvin hagler
    2. roy jones
    3. tapia

14. Floorismyfriend

Floorismyfriend New Member

ROY JONES JR. BABY!!!!!!
    Kung fu fighting!!!
    His punch is fast AS LIGHTNING!!!!
    Oscar de la hoya knows bjj and learned from royce gracie himself.

15. pimphand

pimphand New Member

My favourite fighter to watch is James Toney.

He isn't the greatest fighter of all time, or the most athletically gifted, but his complete mastery of his counter punching style is fantastic to watch.

He has the best counter right hand in boxing IMO.

16. flippedout6

flippedout6 New Member

1 marvin hagler
    2 suger ray leonard
    3 jack dempsey

17. Pika

Pika New Member

1. Ali. Lets not forget that he wasn't boxing in his prime, and we missed possibly some of the best years of his career. Don't like a lot of the things he stood for, but you cant deny his talent.

2. Tyson. This thread is favs, not best. He inspired me to box. Never has there been a champ like Tyson. In his youth, he was unstoppable. I would back a 19 year old Tyson cornered by Damato against any heavyweight in history.

3. Gatti. Heart, heart, heart.

18. Patrick Bateman

Patrick Bateman Banned Banned

Can i withdraw my vote for Jones, (submitted in my previous incarnation as cyclepath) after watching that travesty of a fight and judges, i use the term loosely, decision this weekend.

19. Stuart H

Stuart H On the Mandarin bandwagon

Ali, Marciano and the quintessential bare-knuckle fighter, James Figg.

20. shootodog

shootodog restless native

1) rjj. hands down. speed, power, resistance, and movement. he is a work of art!

2) muhammad ali. he is the posterboy of boxing.

3) this is a toss-up between these middlewieghts that have brought countless hours of joy and entertainment: a) "marvelous" marvin hagler, b) thomas "hitman" hearns, c) roberto "el maso" duran, d) "sugar" ray leonard, e) leonard sphinx.