favorite technique

Discussion in 'Ju Jitsu' started by dark_blade15, Jul 23, 2005.

1. Dropbear

Dropbear Valued Member

yeh it falcon hurts

2. johndoch

johndoch upurs

3. Garibaldi

Garibaldi Valued Member

Thanks for trying to explain...still no idea though. If its in the White Belt WJJF syllabus I'm sure I know it, only not by that name.

(p.s I'm pretty sure its not ude garami as that is pretty difficult to apply standing!)

Can you ask your instructor for the japanese name?

Cheers again

4. Archibald

Archibald A little koala

Sounds like Ude Garami to me (Arm entanglement).

Rotates the shoulder out of its socket....and yes its a very painful, effective technique, lol. You can apply in with the tanbo which is great because you get about 10 times the amount of leverage, heh.

5. Garibaldi

Garibaldi Valued Member

Are you talking about an inverted ude garami? (ie - hand down as opposed to upwards...the kimura?) I can't picture why that would be referred to as a falcon lock?

6. gareth

gareth New Member

Right - tell you wot,if anyone can post a picture of what arm lock they are trying to describe,it would be alot easier.I see if I can,could take some time though.

Just remember - there is no 100% accurate list of ju-jitsu locks and their names - different groups,classes, and federations have their own take on how certain locks should be performed and delivered.It makes the study of Ju-Jitsu that more interesting!

7. Wushijima

Wushijima New Member

Favourite moves.

My fave's?

In order they run:

1 Kimura

2 Juji Gatame

3 Kashiwazaki style Yoko Tomoe Nage

4 Kouchi Makikomi

Mehr sein als scheinen

8. Killbot

Killbot Valued Member

My three favorite submissions have to be a rolling guillotine shot counter to crucifix, over the shoulder hammerlock from inside the guard, and modified wrist-trap RNC (Cobra Clutch).

I also like a good combination: right backfist, straight right, left shovel hook.

And any standing wrist or elbow compliance technique...

9. baralaba

baralaba New Member

Although I currently practise Ju Jitsu and have for many years, my favourite last ditch (if I really, really, have to) strike is my old Tong Long (Southern Praying Mantis) palm strike. Pure power. If it doesn't knock them out it will knock them over. It is known as pock sow. And it works. So long as you finish them off before they get up, the game is over if you land a square pock sow. Having said that. Go Ju Jitsu. It has no equal for covering the full spectrum of martial arts. On the ground, the easiest and most effective is the choke, although I don't like it because it is dangerous (and hurts for days) and would prefer the strangle option if it is available.

10. Oversoul

Oversoul Valued Member

Here's a picture of standing ude garami: http://judoinfo.com/kimura/kimura-standing-ude.jpg

Yeah, I don't know why it'd be called a falcon lock either, but I also can't think of why any lock would be called a falcon lock...

But I too would like to know that this "falcon lock" is.

11. Tribalweapon

Tribalweapon Valued Member

triangle from sprawl has to be my favorite so far followed by some throw from the T-position that I can't remember the name to.

12. fanatical

fanatical Cool crow

Triangle from sprawl? o_O

13. Slindsay

Slindsay All violence is necessary

I too am curious how you traingle someone from a sprawl? Do you mean a triangle done with the legs?

14. beef

beef New Member

I think this is the falcon lock - it was on my white belt Syllabus:

Falcon lock

15. Nightstrike

Nightstrike MMA Nerd

I'm pretty sure he's refering to the anaconda choke/gator roll choke/rolling arm triangle choke

16. fanatical

fanatical Cool crow

That's the dumbest solution to an ude garami I have ever seen. No offense..

17. fanatical

fanatical Cool crow

Could be. But don't give him any ideas.

18. Nightstrike

Nightstrike MMA Nerd

No Offense?
    To the dude that said the "falcon" lock is their fave techniques
    What do you do, JJJ with no good randori dude?
    that falcon lock, yuck.
    I mean theres good JJJ out there, but that sure ain't heck lookin like it.
    Like how often do you DO real randori?
    reason I ask this is because in randori against good opponents you find what works and what doesn't...

Last edited: Dec 31, 2005
  19. beef

beef New Member

Sorry I don't get what you mean? Someone asked what a falcon lock was and I put a link to a picture of it? I wasn't proposing a solution to anything?

Byt he way - that's not me doing it and it's not one of my favourite techniques before anyone else asks...!

20. fanatical

fanatical Cool crow

I'm not saying anything about you.

If you read it again and try to lose some of those issues.. I said THAT is a gotarded ude garami.

Because this is a discussion forum, someone mentioned the falcon lock. You bring to the table an example of said lock, and I said it is as functional as slapping someone with wet noodles.