Fast Blast JKD

Discussion in 'Jeet Kune Do' started by Corrmaz, Oct 14, 2013.

1. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

Talk is cheap son - I don't see any answers to my questions from you, just smoke and mirrors

Crap or get off the pot because all you are doing now is making yourself look silly

2. Dean Winchester

Dean Winchester Valued Member

That's one thing that's always confused me. For a concept and man who talked about freedom from dogma so much some of the JKD crowd are some of the most dogmatic and myopic out there.

3. Hannibal

Only from some very specific quarters sadly...

4. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

It seems JKD...for some...has all of the bad features of classical martial arts...hero worship, judgement based on how close you are to the source rather than personal ability, my instructor's better than your instructor, over-adherence to traditional practices, fixating on a static point in time as being the only correct way to do things, etc.
    I bet Bruce Lee is biu jee-ing himself after reading these walls of text.

5. Hannibal

If Bruce came back today and said to me "what you are doing I NOT JKD!" I would reply "really? Thanks for that" and carry on training in exactly the same way

Bruce was a man not a god - I train the way I do because it is te optimal way to combat efficiency and I rely on that for my day to day work. Take away Bruce from what I do and nothing changes; take him away from others and their entire self collapses

Tragic really

6. John Titchen

John Titchen Still Learning Supporter

Play nicely folks. :) Keep it out of the gutter and the toilet.

7. Hannibal

By my standards I am behaving positively saintly!

8. Ero-Sennin

Ero-Sennin Well-Known Member Supporter

It is a sad day to see somebody who does not believe in common structure to convey information in an efficient way. A sad day indeed. Then to try and justify it with nonsense . . . . . oh lawd.

9. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

This troll is pretty good. I reckon you should stop feeding him though. :)

10. LemonSloth

LemonSloth Laugh and grow fat!

Wow, does posting like that even work nowadays? Surely people just take one look at the quantity of text, lack of appropriate spacing, spelling errors and lack of appropriate punctuation and goes "...eh, can't be bothered"? Not great from a selling point is it?

Oh dear. At that point if any other regular had actually read all the way through, you probably would have lost all their respect.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2013
  11. Hannibal

Maybe I should look at a JPJKD in action to see what I am missing...

Extreme language. Video not MAP friendly, sorry.

Wow.....looks awesome

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2013
  12. Hannibal

Just watched it with the sound on..mean culpa

For anyone interested it was Glen Danzig. I'm pretty sure if you are interested you can find te video in question

13. Bozza Bostik

Bozza Bostik Antichrist on Button Moon

The one where he is getting decked by the guy from North Side Kings? And all the Danzig fan boys said it was "a cheap shot"?

14. Ero-Sennin

Hey man, I like the song "Mother." Don't ruin this for me.

::searches internet::

Dangit man :mad:

15. Bozza Bostik

The song he did with Shakira is best

[ame="http://http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=e0d553Ms228"]Shakira and Danzig[/ame]

16. Hannibal

The fight he started? That's the one

17. Bozza Bostik

Wasn't the first time either. I think got a beating from one of Def Leppard years ago, hopefully not the drummer.

In all fairness though, the slapping is more a reflection of Danzig than JPJKD.

18. LemonSloth

LemonSloth Laugh and grow fat!

You're gonna have to help me, my google fu has come up with Fast Blast JKD's site, but I can't find the vid you're talking about :bang:

19. Bozza Bostik

Just do Danzig gets knocked out in youtube...

20. Ero-Sennin

You don't even want to know what I got on my first Google search. In involved unicorns, rainbows, and a whole lot of "not ToS appropriate" stuff. I don't even now what I did . . . . .