Fan fighting

Discussion in 'Weapons' started by electrobes, Nov 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stolenbjorn

Stolenbjorn Valued Member

This makes sense to me, and explains why someone would want to modify somthing as peacefully and domestic as a fan into somthing very efficiant in killing; and when I come to think of it, there are actually examples of this from Europe as well. At some point in late medieval/early renissanse, only nobility/knights were allowed to wield swords. As a consiquense, knifes began to grow larger and larger, and evolved into long knives that for all practical purposes were ..swords.

The extreme result is the Kriegsmesser, a two hand knife with crossguard :D

2. Kogusoku

Kogusoku 髭また伸びた! Supporter

Unless there is another user with a user handle similar to my own.

3. Polar Bear

Polar Bear Moved on

Unless my understanding of english is incorrect that was a reference to an eariler post not a quote. Therefore I didn't misquote.

Cheers,
    The Bear.

4. Langenschwert

Langenschwert Molon Labe

That's the key to fighitng in general. A good fighter tends to have a few simple techniques that he does really, really well.

Best regards,

-Mark

5. Rock Ape

Rock Ape Banned Banned

Steve-san, so you wouldn't expect to see tessen used as depicted in this image, as a block?

BTW, someone really should teach them how to correctly wear hakama lol

Attached Files:

6. Davey Bones

Davey Bones New Member

[​IMG]
    That's Guan Yu with a Kwan Do/guando.

7. Rock Ape

Rock Ape Banned Banned

You wrote... "As Kogusoku said" ... therfore anything you write thereafter in that context will be seen as a quote.

8. Polar Bear

Polar Bear Moved on

I'm afriad I can't be responsible for someone elses grasp of the english language only my own.
    Kogusoku was discussing the culture significance of the tessen. I refered to that arguement and elobated with my on thoughts on that. It doesn't violate the TOS to do so. If I had quoted Kogusoku and changed some words or cut words to change what he said then that would be misquoting. I did NOT do that.
    I didn't create the language I just use it.

The Bear.

9. Kogusoku

Not to mention how to punch. :rolleyes:

10. Kogusoku

Yes, and next time you post, check for spelling mistakes.

Elobated = Elaborated

11. Polar Bear

Polar Bear Moved on

WOW. That is a monster weapon. You would need huge strength to use it effectively.

The Bear.

12. Polar Bear

Polar Bear Moved on

Topic mods into bullying now. Very Koryu I guess.

The Bear.

13. Rock Ape

Rock Ape Banned Banned

I'm afraid I can't be responsible for someone elses grasp of the english language only my own.
    Kogusoku was discussing the culture significance of the tessen. I refered to that argument and elobated with my on thoughts on that. It doesn't violate the TOS to do so. If I had quoted Kogusoku and changed some words or cut words to change what he said then that would be misquoting. I did NOT do that.
    I didn't create the language I just use it.

Obviously :rolleyes:

Last edited: Aug 31, 2007
  14. Davey Bones

Davey Bones New Member

Yeah. It's actually a shame that the wu shu set makes them out of wu shu steel now and they weigh about 16-20 lbs and are bendy. *blech*

Last edited: Aug 31, 2007
  15. Rock Ape

Rock Ape Banned Banned

Seen that plenty of times in the aikido forum.. Never gets pulled in line there

16. Polar Bear

Polar Bear Moved on

Yeah I'm seeing that koryu honour shining through guys.

The Bear.

17. Rock Ape

Rock Ape Banned Banned

I find it mildly amusing and often pathetic when people refer to bushido or even merely the principle thereof as an indication of how people should conduct themselves simply because they may (or may not) study a martial art.

18. ScottUK

ScottUK More human than human...

I'm a big fan of 'do unto others as they do unto you' as a code of conduct...

19. Polar Bear

Polar Bear Moved on

Ah I see glad that clears it up. I was almost beginning to believe the hype there but it's just another marketing gimmick. I have to admit I feel a twinge of sadness about that.

The Bear.

20. koyo

koyo Passed away, but always remembered. RIP.

What gets me is I am willing to bet if you guys were in a dojo you would probably get on great.

regards koyo

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.