Fajin in form

Discussion in 'Tai chi' started by piratebrido, May 30, 2006.

1. tccstudent

tccstudent Valued Member

Hey, that would be funny if it actually meant anything. Nice try though!! :D

2. tccstudent

tccstudent Valued Member

On another note, do you ever do anything on this forum besides put down others training and kill threads? Just curious. :rolleyes:

3. steve Rowe

steve Rowe Valued Member

He's okay - he just thinks that icebergs are just 'little bumps on the top of the sea' ...

4. liokault

liokault Banned Banned

Having a valid point of view is not the same as killing a thread.

Yeah, I'm sure you would have liked everyone to come on and make one post in reply to Brido, something along the lines of "them Chen guy, that's real fajin that is...yeah real power....fajin in form....coooel".

Now if you want to go into how the TCC guy can issue force without the use of muscle, rather than just moaning that people don't agree with you.....

5. liokault

liokault Banned Banned

Oh hum.....was there a point?

6. tccstudent

tccstudent Valued Member

:bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:
    :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:

Isn't this thread productive???? Lio, why don't you give up TCC, you really don't like it anyway. I said it before and I'll say it again, join a boxing gym or a bjj school - you will be much happier that way. Then, you can chat with all your bjj/boxer buddies and talk about what a bunch of chi lovin tree huggers we TCC people are. Seriously. :)

7. Taiji Butterfly

Taiji Butterfly Banned Banned

Civility's coming along nicely then, eh Sandus...? lol :rolleyes: ;)

8. liokault

liokault Banned Banned

again, you dont really have a point do you. you hate the idea that you use muscles like the boxer and you cant find a way to rationalise what it is that you do, so instead of making a counter point, you try to disregard what i do as 'something else'

(im on my pda btw so only minimul punctuation)

9. Sandus

Sandus Moved Himself On

Not really. Thread locked for a cooldown.

10. Sandus

Sandus Moved Himself On

Thread reopened. If I see any more nonsense, I lock it permanently and punishment will be handed out. This includes mudslinging, slander, and baiting.

11. Johnno

Johnno Valued Member

Sounds like a strange punishment! ;) :D

12. James R

James R New Member

I posted this in another thread, but it seems to be more relevant here:

I have trained Yang style taiji with 5 schools, as well as Wudang/Practical. The power generation IME is totally different. Wudang generates power like a boxer, throwing in the upper body. Yang power generation opens or closes from the centre whilst dropping into the base. Both forms use muscle and body weight, but in totally different ways.

The 5 Yang schools that I trained with all had slightly different approaches, but where working roughly the same ideas. Everything about Wudang seemed different to me. I would guess from my expierience that most Wudang/Practical guys would have no point of reference to understand Yang style concepts.

Please note that I am sharing a point of view here, and not picking a fight. This is just what I see from my expierience.

J

13. piratebrido

piratebrido internet tough guy

Not how my school does it I must say. Who did you train with and for how long?

In fact last lesson we were doing form, specifically thinking on opening and closing. Our Nei Kung trains this very thing in everyone of the Yin exercises (not done Yang but have no reason to think it will be different.

Opening and closing, empty and full, rooted and relaxed, adherence and sensitivity -- all these things, the things spoke of in the classics, are the most important things to the Wudang style.

14. Sandus

Sandus Moved Himself On

Stop making fun of my inability to form grammatically correct sentences in the English language. :p

Last edited: Jun 15, 2006
  15. Johnno

Johnno Valued Member

Are you going to punish me? :confused: ;) :D

16. James R

James R New Member

Hi Brido

I trained with Neil Rosiak for about 1 year. Neil was a good instructor and a nice bloke, but the style was not for me. I never did the Nei Gong because I was never sufficiently impressed by those who had done it, and it cost money that I didn't really have.

The feel of the force coming from Neil was completely different from what I had expierienced from my Yang instructor. Both instructors could throw me around in push hands, but there was a difference - with my Yang instructor I couldn't really feel his force working against me and so could not react against it, whereas with Neil I could. Neil was, however, a lot stronger than me so would overpower me reasonably easily.

I also didn't like the strong incline in the form, to me this felt like leaning in with the upper body and leaving the centre behind, driving with the legs rather than allowing them to shift with gravity.

I know that Yang and Wudang often talk about the same concepts, but I believe that in practice they are doing different things. This is my expierience, and unless I have a different contrary expierience, my view will remain.

Regards

J

P.S. I don't thingk that the difference is one of chi or no chi, simply one of different body mechanics. For me the Yang methods seemed more sophisticated and more effective, so that is the path I took.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2006
  17. Dillon

Dillon Valued Member

I don't know it yet, but it's practiced at our school.

18. piratebrido

piratebrido internet tough guy

Yeah, he runs powerseekers.com and does loads of kettlebell stuff, some of his guys are huge!

Yeah, the style isn't for everyone. Never pushed with Niel or any of his people, so I can't comment. In vids I have seen of him it doesn't look like he is brute forcing anyone though.

Horses for courses though I suppose, its good you found something you liked.

19. Mo Ling

Mo Ling New Member

Fa Jin,
    no mystery really, just takes a long time to stew before the flavors mix to create this ability of fluid unified movement and breath. It is a very long thread, so I cannot read it all to contribute appropriately, so, Master Chenyu Fa Jin in Chen Er Lu Quan:

http://www.taijigongfu.com/chenyuerlu.html

20. cloudz

cloudz Valued Member

just saw this and remembered this thread, yep it's a slooow day at the races

Hao Taiji Fast Form - Qi Yuezeng

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fjv-DKsAjAE&mode=related&search=taijiquan"]YouTube[/ame]