European Hapkido Alliance

Discussion in 'Hapkido' started by Graham, May 23, 2005.

1. Graham

Graham Valued Member

I'm a jujutsu person but thinking of starting hapkido. According to the web site www.hapki.co.uk There are classes I can get to by Sam Plumb of the European Hapkido Alliance, in the area between Sheffield and Leicester. I was wondering what people know about this style of hapkido and the instructor. For example is this a quite traditional approach or modernised. Are there other good do jangs around the Sheffield area? Any advice would be much appreciated.

2. iron_ox

iron_ox Jungki Kwan Midwest

Hello Graham,

Try contacting www.international-hapkido.com and ask about their clubs in the area. I know that originally, Sam Plum was a student under the Great Britain Hapkido Association ( as seen in a 1987 Fighters article).

Anyway, contact Master Nial Adams, he might be able to help.

3. Downstroke

Downstroke New Member

Hi Graham.

Sam Plumb is a master of Moo Duk Kwan who I believe recently graded up to 7th Dan under Grandmaster Sung Soo Lee on his recent visit to the UK. My association is also under GM Lee & I have trained with Master Plumb & several of his students at previous seminars of GM Lee's. My instructor is good friends with Master Plumb so I feel I can say with a bit of authority that he comes from a good lineage of hapkido and is worth checking out. If his hapkido is anything like ours (& it should be as it comes from the same GM) it is very direct & painfull, but very traditional in approach. I beleive Master Plumb is also very much into his traditional Korean weaponry (fan/short stick/Korean sword etc.) and is a regular contributer to Fighters magazine.

Hope this helps.