Enshin Karate?

Discussion in 'Karate' started by Mitch, Mar 17, 2010.

1. Gary - Enshin

Gary - Enshin Valued Member

LOL

I'm worse. Leaving the wife fast asleep to teach you sweaty lot for nothing. Definately a screw loose somewhere.

'AVE IT!

Gary

2. John Titchen

John Titchen Still Learning Supporter

Oi!

When I was a young man I used to head down to the University dojo (two joined squash courts) for a 7 - 9am session on my own (5 days a week) before going to my 10am lecture. Admittedly I only did that for one year of my degree though.

3. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

OK, so jwt's daft enough, but apart from Gary, me and jwt, who's daft enough to do an 8.00am session? :D

Mitch

4. Gary - Enshin

Ha Ha

This could be like "What have the Romans ever done for us?"

"OK OK, So apart from Gary, Rik, Monty, Ros, Paul, George, Pawel, Piotr and Mitch, who else is mad enough to train (hard) at 8:00am?"

Gary

5. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

and don't eat too much

Haha. I can see Mitch bringing up his coco-pops. :)

6. Gary - Enshin

Ha Ha

It's not for nothing Ros christened me "Sensei Evil"

I believe the eventual aim of training should be students that can hit hard, think on their feet and not even consider giving up.

Saturdays find out who's getting there.

Gary

7. Kuma

Kuma Lurking about

Since my instructor works alternating shifts (one week 7-3, the next 3-11) on the weeks he works 3-11 we'll work out at 8am. I'll get off of work at 7am, change over at the station, and head right on over. We're pretty daft guys ourselves though.

8. Gary - Enshin

Good effort today Mitch!

You'll enjoy it more next time as we chuck each other around more when there's more space. :):eek:

Gary

9. SteffenBerg

SteffenBerg Valued Member

Hi guys,

Just wanted to chime in as I just had my first experience of Enshin a few weeks ago.

Really like the hard training and contact sparring. Quite different training from what I've been doing over the past couple of years (in Kenpo Karate).

While Kenpo is fun (I have a Brown belt in American Kenpo and a 3rd Degree Black Belt in Chinese Kempo), I went looking for either Kyokushin or Muay Thai training simply because I got tired of technique based training (technique based = pre-arranged self-defense techniques) and limited sparring (the techniques we learn do not carry over into sparring).

I trained in Kyokushin years ago for a few years and always had an affinity with it, so I finally went out and started looking for a dojo. Found a Kyokushin dojo and an Enshin dojo (as well as an Ashihara dojo) so I just picked the one with classes that fit my schedule.

In any event, I really like the no-nonsense training and the kata of Enshin. And I really like the fact that all of the training carry over to self-defense AND sparring.

In any event, it's been fun and I intend to continue training.

Best regards,
    Stef

10. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

Where are you training Stef? Glad you're enjoying it.

Mitch

11. SteffenBerg

SteffenBerg Valued Member

I'm in California.

/Stef