Ed Martin: The Enforcer

Discussion in 'Ninjutsu' started by benkyoka, Sep 15, 2010.

1. benkyoka

benkyoka one million times

Am I missing something? Such as an original post, for example.

2. Dean Winchester

Dean Winchester Valued Member

wow that's odd!

....maybe you can only see it if you're psychic!

Where's Jock when you need him :evil:

Last edited: Sep 15, 2010
  3. Nutjob

Nutjob Jimmy Tarbuck

ooooh waiting, waiting waiting....

Come on Mark, whats the crack?

4. markspada

markspada Banned Banned

Sorry about that; I was having some major technical difficulties.

This is a private message that I received from a one Mr. Ed Martin, elder statesman and the Bujinkan's answer to Dirty Harry:

It is against the ToS to post private messages.

Okay.

For the record: can ANYONE out there provide me with empirical evidence that Ed Martin has ACTUALLY PRACTICED BUJINKAN BUDO TAIJUTSU?

I'd like to have all the facts straight before I proceed to thoroughly humiliate him.

And please don't post any clips from a Tai Kai or Daikomyosai; I've seen all of those and he's not actually practicing in any of them. When your uke merely falls down in front of you for no reason that's not really practice.

Thank you.

- Mark Spada

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 15, 2010
  5. Nutjob

Nutjob Jimmy Tarbuck

he always reminds me of Dick Severance, someone else who never trained but was worshipped....

6. gor

gor Valued Member

Let me just fill in a missing part:
    "...and have been shidoshi level since 1989..."

Shodan since 1988, godan since 1989.... ;-)

7. peterc8455

peterc8455 Valued Member

Hi Everyone,

I obviously don't respond to a lot of the things said here. However, I'm not asking you to worship him; however I do believe Dick (the "late" Dick Severance) should be shown a little respect.

Thanks
    Pete

8. markspada

markspada Banned Banned

Since I have received at least half a dozen requests to see the private message that Ed Martin sent me on Kutaki, I will make that available to anyone through PM here in order to clarify why I would like to see empirical evidence of President Martin actually training Bujinkan Budo Taijutsu.

As I previously stated, footage of his uke magically falling down in front of him doesn't count.

Thank you.

- Mark Spada

9. Nojon

Nojon Tha mo bhàta-foluaimein

:topic:slightly off topic, I trained with Dick at least three times. I saw him on the mat, saw him attacked, and throw people. I had him demonstrate on me, and have been hit by him..of course theres no video of it, but carry on folks.

10. peterc8455

peterc8455 Valued Member

Hi Jon...Though I'm not one of his students, I can also say in my 17 years of training in the Bujinkan that I have seen Dick train and partnered with him on more than one occasion.

Again I'm not a personal student of Dick's, however I have a lot of respect for him and I truly believe he has earned it. The man is not around to defend himself and in my opinion he deserves some peace.

Pete

11. Nutjob

Nutjob Jimmy Tarbuck

We are talking about Ed Martin not Dick, but in fairness my comment was totally correct, i am not disrespecting him here just pointing out the glaringly obvious fact that both are these people have people worshiping them, i've witnessed both 'hold court' so to speak, looks ridiculous.

12. peterc8455

peterc8455 Valued Member

I realize the thread was about Ed; however you are the one who brought Dick's name into this. Like I said, I think the man deserves some peace.

You do know that he passed away, right?!

I honestly don't know who you are or what personal experience/knowledge you have of Dick; however I haven't seen people "worshipping" him. What I have seen are people who respect him as a teacher and a friend and were genuinely interested in what he had to say and contribute.

Maybe I'm missing something or taking something out of context; however it just seems rude to talk about him in this manner.

Is there no one else here who thinks this? I'm speaking up for him because he is not around to do so.

Pete

13. markspada

markspada Banned Banned

Although I once met Dick Severance at a Jack Hoban seminar in south Florida in 1995, and for the record I did witness him training, this thread is about the veracity of Ed Martin's claims to Bujinkan training.

I would prefer to pick on the nutters who are still above ground.

- Mark Spada

14. bujingodai

bujingodai Retired Supporter

Agreed, enough about Dick we've addressed that. Let him rest. Let that part of the topic rest.

Ed Martin is subject of discussion. The question being, has anyone actually witnessed him training? I have met Ed a number of times, been to a seminar of his and sat up with him at a hotel til the wee hours. However I have not seen him train personally.

15. benkyoka

benkyoka one million times

i just want to point out that because the OP was deleted the ninjutsu main page would seem to indicate that I was the one who started this thread. That needs to be fixed.

and Mark, send me the PM>

16. markspada

markspada Banned Banned

No problem.

- Mark Spada

17. Frodocious

Frodocious She who MUST be obeyed! Moderator Supporter

Just to clarify the issue. The first post wasn't deleted as such, MAP was having a bad day yesterday and the first post in several threads seems to have disappeared off into the great back hole of the internet!

18. JibranK

JibranK Valued Member

Frodocious, does the prohibition also apply to non-MAP private messages? Because if not, the PM should be allowed as it is from Kutaki (AFAIK Ed Martin is not a member here)

Can I have it?

19. Frodocious

Frodocious She who MUST be obeyed! Moderator Supporter

I am aware that the PM is from Kutaki and yes it is against MAP rules to post any private correspondence. The mods discussed this at length the last time the situation occured, and we decided that posting private correspondence from any site is a recipe for disaster and far too open to abuse.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2010
  20. JibranK

JibranK Valued Member

I understand. I was just asking because I've seen emails and letters in other threads on MAP.