Ectomorph with problems. :(

Discussion in 'Injuries and Prevention' started by flutterfists, Nov 26, 2008.

1. Custom Volusia

Custom Volusia Valued Member

Optimum Nutritian is an excellant brand for the three major proteins (Whey, Soy, Casein) they provide a quality product at a decent price. As Frodocious stated it is a slow digesting protein, which is why it is good for bed. Your body is still running while it is asleep, just a bit slower. Since it is still going, it still needs energy. If you lift weights during the day, you burn up a lot of your excess energy. Then, at night when your body still needs something to run on, it will turn to burning muscle tissue. Not good. By drinking a casien shake just prior to bed, you provide a fuel for your body to use throughout the night.

Unfortunatly, Casein is not the cheapest protein by any means. It can be found online for about 45 bucks (plus shipping) for a 4lbs tub. Total price will be around 50 bucks. If you end up having to get it from GNC or any of the other stores, you could be looking at around 60 or more bucks IF they carry the large size. They normally only tend to have the 2lbs one for some reason.

You do have normal kidney function, correct?

2. Custom Volusia

Custom Volusia Valued Member

and oh yeah: Cottage Cheese is a great snack during the day. I have it during the day because I am trying to get into the 9% body fat range, so I avoid that kind of food prior to bed, but when trying to ADD mass, that's a different story. Also check out Fage (Greek) yogurt. Has 25 g of protein per serving!!!!!!! that's way more then regular yogurt.

3. Yohan

Yohan In the Spirit of Yohan Supporter

I'll second the recommendation for optimum nutrition. Also, I use www.bulknutrition.com for my protein. They've always done me right.

4. Yohan

Yohan In the Spirit of Yohan Supporter

Yeah there isn't much else I can add at this point. They've told you how to add in a bunch of extra calories. Eat plenty of lean meat, good fat. Include cheese, nuts. You can also do Chocolate milk for even more calories.

lift heavy and hard so it goes on as muscle. You can also do dead lifts instead of squats if they bug you. Remember to keep your rep ranges low. 5 or 6 reps per set and lift as heavy as you can.

5. flutterfists

flutterfists Valued Member

Yeah, my kidneys are fine.

Thanks for the advice you guys!