Earth's Core; Crystals that align 'Like a Forest'

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by iBokhari, Sep 2, 2011.

1. iBokhari

iBokhari New Member

Greetings All,

Have been reading around this forum for a few months now and decided to make a post, correct me if this is not the proper spot for the topic.

Two of my friends in the past that studied Tai Chi had spoken about how the Earth's core was a crystal(s). I never thought about its significance simply because who knows what the center of the Earth's core is.. except after reading a few articles about how scientists had recently recreated conditions very similar to the core of the Earth and how it had created crystals that ran parallel and aligned "like a forest"

Simply wondering what your understandings are of traditional philosophy on the relation between the Earths core and Chi/Ki energy and the significance of the earth having a "crystal" core.

Here are links to the articles, have yet to find the actual publication in the American Journal of Science so let me know if you do, or any better articles on this experiment.
    http://newscenter.berkeley.edu/2010/09/23/post_perovskite/
    http://opac.yale.edu/news/article.aspx?id=7792

2. Aegis

Aegis River Guardian Admin Supporter

Welcome to MAP! :D

Couple of things...

Crystals are nothing special. Many solids form into crystals, the most common of which is salt. All "crystal" really means is that a solid aggregates together into fairly isolated clumps, each of which has facets (i.e. edges and relatively flat faces).

Also, what significance do crystals have with energy? Salt is rarely linked to any form of mystical energy, it's just sprinkled on chips and eaten. Crystals are literally just minerals, and chi/ki is one of the most abused terms in all of martial arts training. My own thoughts are that the modern meaning of chi/ki is vastly different from the original meaning, which was simply a method of perception designed to improve your biomechanics (e.g. by relaxing the antagonistic muscle in an arm bend to improve efficiency of the overall movement). As such, the concept that crystals could have anything to do with the process is baffling to me.

Perhaps you could ask your friends what they mean?

3. proteinnerd

proteinnerd Valued Member

The proposition is that that iron in the earths core has crystallized in a certain way....not that it is made of "crystals" in the new age sense of the word. That it has crystallized in this way is probably more due to actual forces like magnetism and gravity and not mystical chi forces.

4. Griffin

Griffin Valued Member

hahaha, he's looking for a relation to or source for this ki/chi energy stuff.
    Where does he say ki/chi created crystals, too funny lol

5. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

FWIW.... years ago I had a fat slob of a roommate. He was the singularly most repulsive individual I'd ever met. He managed to pay his rent every month on royalty cheques he'd receive from some new age publisher. One day he never came home... so I had to go through all his belongings... apparently he was one of the top authors for books crystal energy and all the New Age hocus pocus...

He made it up. Every single bit was made up. ROTFLMAO!!!

All those poor boobs reading his stuff never realized it was made up by some absolute scab. Never did show back up. Then years later I saw him and he'd changed his name and all.... apparently he'd had unpaid parking tickets up the wazoo... so he cut the metal lock-down boot that the cops had places on his illegally parked car.... AHAHAHAHHAHA.... and had to go on the run. L O S E R.

There's crystals in a nutshell for you. :p

6. Knight_Errant

Knight_Errant Banned Banned

Actually, I think it's the other way around. 'Chi' was originally seen as a mystical energy, and people are trying to re-frame it as a method of perception designed to improve your biomechanics in an attempt to shoe-horn their old fashioned practices into the modern world. This is because they have invested time and energy into these old fashioned methods, and don't want to lose face.
    But the OP manages to trump this in terms of idiocy by attempting to frame 'chi' in terms of crystals in the earth's core. Nice :D

7. iBokhari

iBokhari New Member

I fully understand from reading the articles that the cause of the crystallized alloy is because of the environment not because a mystical energy produced crystals... please at least respect the possibility i'm not an ignorant person, who is capable of reading and understanding a short article.

please keep your posts on topic, if you don't have any info on traditional beliefs or if your post has no benefit to the subject please don't post. if you completely disbelieve in Chi/Ki please don't pollute this thread.

8. Knight_Errant

Knight_Errant Banned Banned

The probability of this is somewhat reduced, not only by the fact that you believe in chi, but also by the fact that you relate it to crystals in the earth's core. Say 'crystal' and you automatically think 'oooh, crystal, mystical forces!'.

9. Fu_Bag

Fu_Bag Valued Member

I'd be interested in hearing what your and your friends' opinions are on this. Simon might also be a wealth of knowledge about this since I believe he practices Tai Chi. :Angel::bow1:

10. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

Okey dokey

I do - they are largely incorrect assumptions made on limited understanding and have subsequently been revealed as such. They were necessary at the time as part of an intellectual evolutionary process but should be viewed as history not science

No dice.

The woo-woo's already have a thread where rational thinking and evidence is excluded in favour of myth, anecdote and BS so post there. You post outside of that safe zone then asinine ideas like the one you postulate at the start of this thread can, will and should be challenged

11. iBokhari

iBokhari New Member

We'll I would have to say that people who practice Tai Chi take into consideration that all things including energy is attracted to centers of gravity. Don't think much past that concept in this subject, as for my two friends they both got the impression that the Earths core was crystal(s) probably from people they practiced with, but my understanding is they related how Ki/Chi can be used to increase the density of bone and tendons while at the same time the earth is also under extreme pressure. Both in combination would in theory produce a substance that has an extreme amount of compressed energy.

I understand that traditional beliefs are part of an evolution of science and mostly discredited, but when I say i'm looking for traditional philosophies on the matter it interests me to know what was credited, ancient people understood more than the public takes into consideration.

1500 years ago people understood that the Earth's sun has an orbit. So just because it's traditional doesn't mean its immediately not creditable.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2011
  12. Hannibal

Agreed - but it must also be verifiable and testable and subject to scrutiny. Old and new are nebulous anyway...I prefer true or false

The crystal concept (and bone/tendon density increase) is absolute tosh by any measure ancient or modern

13. iBokhari

iBokhari New Member

What exactly do you mean by 'tosh'?
    I believe that Chi Kung practices are based on the same principles of how a diamond forms, sustained pressure for long period of time causes matter to become more and more dense. Also similar to how heavy metals form; extreme pressure over a short instance. In combination they have a very realistic effect on the body.

14. Polar Bear

Polar Bear Moved on

Heh heh did you actually go to school?

The Bear.

15. Hannibal

tosh
    noun Chiefly British Informal .
    nonsense; bosh.

Ahh - thanks for proving my point

16. Kwajman

Kwajman Penguin in paradise....

The earths core is molten iron, read a book on science will ya?

17. iBokhari

iBokhari New Member

18. Hannibal

You need to define chi first before you can discuss any correlation between a crystal core & forest that doesn't exist

The problem you will have is that no two "chi-lievers" can agree on a definition and the fact that there is nothing that cannot be replicated by just having good flow/mechanics so the initial premise is MASSIVELY flawed

19. AndrewTheAndroid

AndrewTheAndroid A hero for fun.

I saw this documentary this morning about a planet the size of Jupiter that is so close to it's own sun that it causes the star to wobble, and the planet is so hot that it rains liquid hot iron. I want the chi that comes from that planet.

20. Fu_Bag

Fu_Bag Valued Member

I thought some people believe that salt can offer protection from evil spirits/demons. :dunno: