Dux Ryu Ninjitsu and Tew's Martial Science (formerly Tew Ryu Ninjitsu). . .how legit?

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by shonuff, Dec 1, 2003.

1. shonuff

shonuff New Member

Been trying to get opinion on these Ninja arts. Very few people that I know of or have asked have come across these ninja schools.

I've read quite a few things damning Dux and Dux Ryu. And Tew's Martial Science is derived from Dux Ryu, as I have been told. Has anyone come across these 2 fighting systems. What is the history on each?

Dux claims to be some sort of NHB champ but why don't his students participate in Pride, UFC, or something similar?

Are Dux Ryu and Tew's Martial Science "bunk."

Is there any way to prove their effectiveness as claimed?

2. Cyph

Cyph Banned Banned

NHB champ? i highly doubt it...... i do not know all that much about nhb fights, so who knows.

3. qbushido

qbushido Subaru whore/NYC kid

Dux is a fraud, it has been documented in many many places, do a google search for his name, or look him up in soldier of fortune.

4. Tireces

Tireces New Member

Lets not get into Dux's level of authenticity again, we already had a very big argument about that a few threads ago.

5. hafer34

hafer34 New Member

Rick Tew is mostly self-taught. But check out his website because he teaches a very effective system. I feel though he calls it Ninjutsu to attract more people. It is basically his created system of the martial arts, like Bruce Lee. Tew is very very talented and is very knowledgible of the martial arts and I would totally recommend his system. Very cool teacher check out his action clips at totalwarrior.com.

6. Saz

Saz Nerd Admin

Frank Dux thread

Here's a link to the Frank Dux thread. There's been a lot of discussion on him here.

7. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

Re: Frank Dux thread

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo...........

Why don'tcha give 'em, the link to the CKD thread, and the Kata thread while you're at it!

*Runs for cover

8. Saz

Saz Nerd Admin

Should I get the MMA vs TMA ones while I'm at it?

He's made about 4 or so posts asking for the same thing now, so he must be keen on finding something on him.

9. shonuff

shonuff New Member

Wasn't bloodsport a movie about an NHB type event? I was wondering how effective Dux's or Tew's martial arts were in the ring. I was wondering why they didn't compete in UFC or Pride. Bloodsport made Dux look unbeatable. Is he from belgiun like Van Damme?

10. stump

stump Supersub

That sort of stuff is too dangerous for the ring or the cage.....

11. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

Pssst: It was just a movie!

12. Shade

Shade New Member

No it's real.

It is real, isn't it Doctor?

Is it time for my injection already??

13. Tireces

Tireces New Member

Wait...you mean Keanu Reeves CAN'T fly?

14. Knight_Errant

Knight_Errant Banned Banned

Damn. I've been sitting outside with a rifle gazing at the night sky for nothing :(

Lame attempt at war mongering deleted by the Yodster : *whistles innocently* :p

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 2, 2003
  15. dori_kin_86

dori_kin_86 Hu Flung Pu

The Dux thread is the greatest thread of all time. Maybe it has more replies than the numbers in Dux's claims.

Bruce Lee vs. Dux. Winner: Bruce

Any young Gracie vs. Dux. Winner: any young Gracie

George Dillman vs. Dux. Winner: Dillman

Taika Oyata vs. Dux. Winner: Oyata

Mas Oyama vs. Dux. Winner: Oyama

If you notice, the people I set Dux against are assiociated with what Dux-ryu, and his claims. Attack speed: Bruce Lee. NHB grappling: Gracies. Internal Arts: Dillman and Oyata. Striking: Mas Oyama. All of these MAist have good all around ability, and have made their skills public, why wont Dux do the same.

16. Guy Mendiola

Guy Mendiola New Member

Lol... Yep he's a phony, it's true that there are Kumite's but it's underground types in China but I don't think that any american martial artist won the Kumite.

Man, I've could have had more ko's then him in the Kumite. :rolleyes:

17. ap Oweyn

ap Oweyn Ret. Supporter

Why would an underground event in China be called "kumite"?

18. Vanir

Vanir lost my sidhe

Testable results by experimentation and corroberative evidence. For a Ninjutsu Ryu that would be:
    1. As a combat martial art, or comprised of individual bujutsu studies, actual battlefield use which can be corroberated by a reliable source (ie. the Museum of Japan/various academic and military records). This is the very foundation of Ninjutsu Ryu's (and Samurai for that matter) combat effectiveness.
    2. Historical reference to the art as a practised tradition comprising successive lineage, preferrably supported by the Museum of Japan, which records all known historical Ryu and holds a lot of their traditional scrolls, as most became extinct. Ownership of said traditional scrolls/various other inherited objects of an archaeological and corroberative nature, necessarily if the claimant states the Ryu to be active and unbroken in lineage.
    3. Reference by the art of philosophical foundations which form the basis and foundation of authentic Ninja Ryu, corroberated by other (independant) sources. Shinobi traditions are not necessarily Ninjutsu and Yakusa/criminal cooperatives do exist/have existed with attache'd martial elements.
    4. References of other martial arts masters and historical families (such as the Imperial Royal family) in Japan.
    5. Inclusion in the Japanese martial arts almanac as an authentic Ninjutsu tradition.

I dare say "Dux Ryu" satisfies none of these.

19. Nerevar

Nerevar A son of a mother

If he fought anything like that movie, STAY AWAY! :D
    So which is it, Dux Sux, or Dux likes D..... Richards?

20. estranged13

estranged13 ex video game freak

"Are Dux Ryu and Tew's Martial Science "bunk."

yes.